Flyers / Boston - Gus IN?

hf101

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who sits in the Press Box against Boston?

• Luke Schenn
    • Steve Downie
    • Other?

Doesn't matter OR... It won't help. The issues run deeper than one or two players...

I know but the axe has to fall somewhere first....with this team just blind fold yourself and start chopping whomever ya hit i'm sure they deserve it...hell it might not take long into this 10 game swing to get the transactions going.... :ph34r:

OR... I agree. There is no one on this team that should be safe. Ad long as Homer has a say and Eddie is running the show we are stuck in neutral. Same old thing ever year... Wash, rinse, repeat.

They are simply a bad team. Not average but bad... The glow of a new coach has worn off and we are back to square one with this group.

It is seriously hard to watch...

There is no one on this team that should be safe. Ad long as Homer has a say and Eddie is running the show we are stuck in neutral. Same old thing ever year... Wash, rinse, repeat.

what does this mean?  no one should be safe, so...i take it that means shipping players out and restructuring things is what you'd like to have happen.  which i'm not sure i disagree with.  but.  then, so long as holmgren and snider are involved, it'll be the same old thing, stuck in neutral.  when the same old thing would seem to be shipping players out and restructuring thing when the team doesn't seem to be cutting it.

trades involving everyone should be on the table, but management is likely to be considering trades involving everyone.  is that a good thing or not?

Some things I just don't understand. Why do they seem to continually shuffle up the lines to get ONE GUY jump started? Vinny L. has (even though through injury) earned a spot no higher than the 4th line. The Line that jump started this team has not been reunited since Downie's injury. The 2nd line of Hartnell/Schenn/Simmonds has been split up to try and jump start VLC. Vinny doesn't like playing wing so lets shuffle the lines again....Vinny has no chemistry(or playing injured) with Schenn and Simmonds so shuffle again. Who's brilliant idea was it to put Hartnell on a defensive line ? I can't wait for that to pay dividends....Vinny L has become a problem for this team. Again, I understand he is trying to play through a back injury but if he doesn't have the ability to play at the NHL level, why is he still being dressed?

Luke Schenn is another major problem right now. He is a servicable 5/6th d man but not when being paired with Mez. Mez is bringing offense to his  game but it is often at the expense of the rest of the team as Schenn is not fast enough to cover for it. Why Gus who is a much better skater than Schenn was not played with Mez as the 3rd pairing is beyond me.

Why does the puck ALWAYS have to get kicked back towards the goalie instead of OUT OF THE FREAKIN' ZONE?!?!?! When they were winning, it was with short quick decisive passes up ice that often left the opponent trailing the play instead of dictating it. I want to scream every time they kick the puck back and allow either the opposing teams forecheck to take the puck from them or allow the other team to put 4 guys on the blue line to stop their entry into the zone.

I think we see a resurgence in play and team work if you reset the lines back to where they were working together. Raffl/Giroux/Vorachek on the first. Hartnell/Schenn/Simmonds on the second. Downie/Couturier/Read on the third and Vandevelde/Lecalvier/Hall on the 4th. If you can't get VLC to skate there then bench him for the good of the team. I am tired of seeing the chemistry developed amongst the other players get tossed aside to try and appease one guy....

• Like 1

what does this mean? no one should be safe, so...i take it that means shipping players out and restructuring things is what you'd like to have happen. which i'm not sure i disagree with. but. then, so long as holmgren and snider are involved, it'll be the same old thing, stuck in neutral. when the same old thing would seem to be shipping players out and restructuring thing when the team doesn't seem to be cutting it.

trades involving everyone should be on the table, but management is likely to be considering trades involving everyone. is that a good thing or not?

Aziz, simply stated I was just saying there is not a player on this team that I would not consider trading. I am not sure what the answer is frankly. I never thought this team was a playoff team to begin with but sooner or later the axe will fall.

Aziz, simply stated I was just saying there is not a player on this team that I would not consider trading. I am not sure what the answer is frankly. I never thought this team was a playoff team to begin with but sooner or later the axe will fall.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=57502#.UuURfD8-Ucs.twitter

Some really good observations in this......especially about the negativity of fans. :ph34r:

Good article and I agree with Bill on all points. I am not and have not suggested trading someone or anyone on the team. Realistically, HOMER has the keys and based on history he will make a move.

The one point is BM speaks about reactionary moves from the fans. Frankly, that is Homers MO over the past years so it is not only a certain portion of the fan base but Homer and his stooges as well.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=57502#.UuURfD8-Ucs.twitter

Some really good observations in this......especially about the negativity of fans. :ph34r:

Meltzer has occasionally posted on hfboards so I'm pretty sure he's very much aware of how many fans over-react or just seem to want to find things/players to trash.