Dupuis to have Surgery

hf101

Here is the full article... probably season ending... 

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=697647&navid=DL|PIT|home

RALEIGH, North Carolina – Penguins winger Pascal Dupuis will undergo ACL surgery for his knee and could miss the rest of the season.

Dupuis, 34, suffered the ACL injury Monday night in Ottawa after Sidney Crosby fell into his knee following a hip check from Senators defenseman Marc Methot.

Pascal Dupuis will be going for ACL knee surgery in a couple of weeks and is out indefinitely,” Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said. “The timetable is likely that he’ll be out for the remainder of the season, but we’ll see after the surgery in a couple weeks.”

Joe Vitale assumed Dupuis’ spot on the team’s top line with Crosby and Chris Kunitz at Friday's morning skate.

Dupuis has a rest period before having surgery. The veteran forward's presence will be missed both on and off the ice.

“There’s a lot that he brings,” Bylsma said of Dupuis. “He’s also a big part of that dressing room. That is part of what we’ll miss from Pascal.”

Going to probably be another merry-go-round of players on the top line.  Vitale started there on Friday, but Neal took a lot of time with sid also.  Going to be tough sledding if Malkin stays out too.   Scuds is close, but no word if he'll be in the lineup today yet, so I'm guessing not.   Here's to a nice 1-0 or 2-1 game today for the Pens, goals are going to be at a premium.

In the comments section on the TSN article, I found this one frome some guy named dupster1972...

"That was the best bodycheck Sid has thrown in years." :D

If it had been an opponent Sid would've gotten an intent to injure for launching himself into Dupuis' knee!

Beau Bennett was not doing a whole lot of anything even before he got hurt and realy, neither was Dupuis. I see absolutely nothing down at Wilkes Barre that could possibly crack an NHL lineup.

Does Pittsburgh go the trade route? Shero has shown in the past an affinity for trading the future for today, a combo of picks for Vanek maybe? The Isles have tanked since the deal with the Sabres, if they do not see themselves resigning Vanek he would be amazing next to Sid. Of course we said that about playing with Tavares and he really has been okay but not great. Still, if I were Shero Vanek would be way up on the radar.....

Beau Bennett was not doing a whole lot of anything even before he got hurt and realy, neither was Dupuis. I see absolutely nothing down at Wilkes Barre that could possibly crack an NHL lineup.

Does Pittsburgh go the trade route? Shero has shown in the past an affinity for trading the future for today, a combo of picks for Vanek maybe? The Isles have tanked since the deal with the Sabres, if they do not see themselves resigning Vanek he would be amazing next to Sid. Of course we said that about playing with Tavares and he really has been okay but not great. Still, if I were Shero Vanek would be way up on the radar.....

Right now, with Geno out of the lineup, Neal looks REAALLLLLY good on Sid's wing with Kunitz.   It would be interesting if DB would keep Neal on Sid's line and look for some linemate's for Geno instead.

Edited by nossagog

Right now, with Geno out of the lineup, Neal looks REAALLLLLY good on Sid's wing with Kunitz. 

Yes, but that makes your team pretty much one-line (not even two-line) team.  I am sure Bylsma will try to double shift Crosby at least in some games.  I know I would.

What is the prognosis for Malkin?

Yes, but that makes your team pretty much one-line (not even two-line) team.  I am sure Bylsma will try to double shift Crosby at least in some games.  I know I would.

What is the prognosis for Malkin?

Neal needs a center that can set him up, so they're already playing as a one line team, might as well make it better.

As to Malkin, could be back tomorrow vs the Devils.

@yace1964

Actually, Dupuis was just starting to break out again when he got injured. And despite his struggles scoring, largely due to Bylsma bouncing him through all the lines, he brings a LOT to the ice for this team. He's a big loss.

Oh I kn ow from what I remember on 24/7 a few years ago him and Crosby are best buds on the road as well which cannot be underestimated.

I am just waiting to see what Shero does. You know he is not the stand pat kind of GM and although they seem to have this pretty weak division well in hand I doubt he waits until the deadline.

Actually, Dupuis was just starting to break out again when he got injured. And despite his struggles scoring, largely due to Bylsma bouncing him through all the lines, he brings a LOT to the ice for this team. He's a big loss.

The fact that he is one of the keys to the Penalty kill can not be underestimated, its the little things he brings that in total make him a key player

@yave1964

Yeah, I think that Shero is going to make moves, always has, its a matter of what he wants.   Defense is set, grinders in place, need a scoring winger, not a has been, for Crosby's line.   Will also depende on how Bennet can do when he comes back.