Giroux a Difference-Maker against CLS

radoran

Let us not forget that it was G on the lazy back check that led to a goal earlier in the game. I hope this is a sign that G realizes he needs to step up and take over games at times. The fact that he has that ability needs to be realized and more often utilized. 

This is part of my concern with giving him the C and putting him in the position he's in. Throughout his career, Giroux has always been self-motivated to be a better player. Always looking to make his game better.

In some ways, I think psychologically giving him the contract, the C and the position on the team made him think (subconsciously?) he had "made it" and was a great player.

Great players are always motivated to be better. Crosby - I don't like at all - is clearly a guy who is motivated to always make himself better. Wouldn't surprise me if he was still shooting pucks into a washing machine, given the opportunity. Ovechkin, I think, had that happen to him in the past season or two, but he seems more like a man possessed again.

Jagr still puts in his ridiculous regimen - another reason I think that losing his leadership and position with Giroux was a tragic, tragic mistake.

Giroux needs to get his own self-motivation back. He's not "the best player in the world," but that doesn't mean he shouldn't keep trying to be the best player in the world.

He doesn't need guys telling him how great he is. He needs them telling him he needs to be better.

Always.

• Like 1