Giroux a Difference-Maker against CLS

radoran

That backhand goal was nasty

not just your typical backhander that was a no look shot backhander...wow did that thing have eyes!!!!

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/828513269.gif?1387507061

Edited by OccamsRazor

The first line(Fluff Brothers) are learning they have to be as physical as the fourth line to do their job! The whole team needs to up their snarl level UP! I think its time to let Raffle spend some time with "Uncle Terry" to get his feet on the ground relating to NHL level requirements and give somebody else a chance.

Edited by quigly 46

Thank god Giroux finally started trying.

And Q, you post things I read them and wonder if I watch a completely different team...that line didn't get going until Renberg 2.0 (Raffl) wound up on it and now you want to send him to the A? wow.

• Like 1

So, this is what it feels like to be on the good side of a 3rd period, 3-goal lead collapse ;)

The way the team was swarming after the tying goal, I *knew* it wasn't going to OT. They were playing with confidence and swagger.

I missed most of the game, though. How did B Schenn look? I was surprised he was in the lineup.

And it's nice to see the Flyers bail out Mason while he's in a funk.

Did the "real" Claude Giroux just stand up? As they said on SportsCentre after that nasty backhander..."Going to Socchi". Nice to see more and more players finding their game.

I think he's been really overthinking his game. I don't believe that backhander was something "planned," I think it was more of a spur of the moment play - which is exactly what you need in hockey.

I hope his comfort level is to where it needs to be if he's the player that's really going to lead this team going forward.

The first line(Fluff Brothers) are learning they have to be as physical as the fourth line to do their job! The whole team needs to up their snarl level UP! I think its time to let Raffle spend some time with "Uncle Terry" to get his feet on the ground relating to NHL level requirements and give somebody else a chance.

I think it's interesting that people often say Snider is stuck in the past, because they certainly aren't a tough team. Good comeback, but agreed they need toughness.

And Q, you post things I read them and wonder if I watch a completely different team...that line didn't get going until Renberg 2.0 (Raffl) wound up on it and now you want to send him to the A? wow.

mojo...   I made the renberg comparison last night to a couple of friends while watching the game at pub.   Lol...

@radoran

Oh that was a blind backhander for sure. It's also a play great players finish while most of us would have missed the net. I'd love to see him keep it up and make Team Canada. It would only help his confidence.

most players could not get the puck up that quick...   it was a beauty.

December points leaders:

1 Patrick Kane, RW CHI 16

2 Sidney Crosby, C PIT15

3 Tyler Seguin, C DAL 12

Claude Giroux, C PHI 12

Nicklas Backstrom, C WSH 12

Taylor Hall, LW EDM  11

Patrick Sharp, LW CHI 11

Matt Duchene, C COL 11

Voracek has 10

Edited by Clarke2Leach

December points leaders:

1 Patrick Kane, RW CHI 16

2 Sidney Crosby, C PIT15

3 Tyler Seguin, C DAL 12

Claude Giroux, C PHI 12

Nicklas Backstrom, C WSH 12

Taylor Hall, LW EDM  11

Patrick Sharp, LW CHI 11

Matt Duchene, C COL 11

Voracek has 10

Enough with the Patrick Sharp trade and the lost lottery pick for Kane already :ph34r: .

Oh, wait, I see Giroux had a good month of December. ;)

• Like 1

I missed most of the game, though. How did B Schenn look? I was surprised he was in the lineup.

I saw only about 15 minutes of the 3rd... good time to start watching,  he looked okay,

I was asking @intheslot and @AlaskaFlyerFan about him and they were like , eh he's okay. 

I didn't think his line looked especially good though, perhaps that's because Giroux and Couturier's lines were very good,  the whole no baseline test thing is screaming out for the indirect contact 4 months on the DL Crosby syndrome if you ask me. 

@Clarke2Leach

about time our best players play like our best players. that is good to see.

@murraycraven

i wonder if we read the Renberg 2.0 thing here ?  I think  maybe I saw it somewhere, Meltzer or someone on the forum I think said that first.   I was thinking it was like ville leino effect on Hartnell and Briere but didn't want to use that comparison.

I have been bashing him but he was awesome tonight. That backhand goal was nasty.... Let's hope it it is the start of something bc he has been playing good hockey...

Queue the Raffl... Lol!

Same here.  I was throwing what I thought a fair criticism at the guy.  He sure came through in what was a gutsy win last night.

But you know, when you are a leader and a captain and get compensated so well, you've *better* come up with at least occasional big performances.  So I am not necessarily going to just give the guy all the accolades in the world for what he is really expected to do on a more frequent basis.

• Like 2

I haven't seen many complete games lately, but what I see from the highlights is that Giroux doesn't seem to be thinking anymore - just reacting.  He looked way too tentative and deliberate earlier in this season.  Not to say that he's behind the play, because his instincts are getting him to the right places on the ice right now.

Edited by Clarke2Leach

Same here.  I was throwing what I thought a fair criticism at the guy.  He sure came through in what was a gutsy win last night.

But you know, when you are a leader and a captain and get compensated so well, you've *better* come up with at least occasional big performances.  So I am not necessarily going to just give the guy all the accolades in the world for what he is really expected to do on a more frequent basis.

No argument here MD!!    Hopefully, this trend continues b/c that first line was working hard last night... 

I think he's been really overthinking his game. I don't believe that backhander was something "planned," I think it was more of a spur of the moment play - which is exactly what you need in hockey.

I hope his comfort level is to where it needs to be if he's the player that's really going to lead this team going forward.

Exactly.... he's over thinking his game.... thinking pass first ( WRONG ) and not playing D... Fix all that and we have the real G back.

I think you need the mario99 decoder ring to truly understand anything quigly tries to post... I think he post stuff to try and get a rise

I think its time to let Raffle spend some time with "Uncle Terry" to get his feet on the ground relating to NHL level requirements and give somebody else a chance.

@mojo1917,

You beat me to it. That line is on fire since Raffl joined them. Sending him down now would be a crime!!

http://thehockeywriters.com/michael-raffl-key-girouxs-resurgence/?utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer9b453

"Since Scott Hartnell was demoted from the first line and replaced with Michael Raffl, Giroux and Voracek have caught fire. The new line was formed after the Flyers were embarrassed by the Chicago Blackhawks. In Giroux’s first 31 games of the season, he had six multi-point games. In the four games the Raffl-Giroux-Voracek line has been intact, he already has three. Giroux has 9 points in those 4 games, and Voracek has 8. Before the line was formed, you have to go back 11 games for Giroux, and 15 games for Voracek to match those totals."

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

Let us not forget that it was G on the lazy back check that led to a goal earlier in the game. I hope this is a sign that G realizes he needs to step up and take over games at times. The fact that he has that ability needs to be realized and more often utilized.

This.