Rinaldo Fight

doom88

I think you won't see that called much (if ever anymore), simply because EVERYONE will be required to wear visors, and there is no protocol for players actually removing their helmets right before a fight...though I would LIKE players to remove the head gear, personally.

Sure, much more dangerous to go bare knuckle with no helmet / visor, but hey, the guys that fight don't worry about that (they know what they are getting into), and they shouldn't have to worry about bashing their hands on headgear either

What ever happened to the 2 min for fighting with a visor, or is it only for instigators?

yeah, it was only for instigators, an extra unsportsmanlike.  mutual fight, no extra time.

i say "was" because I'm not sure if it has changed with the mandatory visor and no taking off your helmet rules.  seems like they need to not penalize players extra for wearing a visor if they are required to wear one and aren't allowed to take the helmet off.  haven't seen an updated rulebook yet, but i have to think it is not in there anymore.

The rule is still in effect.  Rule 46.6 (sorry, can't copy & paste for some reason.)

46.6 Face Protection - If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield (including a goalkeeper), he shall be assessed an additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Should the player (including a goalkeeper) who instigates the fight be wearing a face shield, but removes it before instigating the altercation, the additional unsportsmanlike conduct penalty shall not apply.

source - http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26336