Good article by Seravalli

JackStraw

Guess it happens sometimes...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20131204_Flyers_need_defensemen_to_get_offensive.html

I would really like to see the Flyers start going North-South more in the offensive zone. They seem to have an obsession with cross-ice passes that usually end up bouncing of a stick or being picked off by one the eight or nine (it seems like) opposing players standing in the way.

@Phlyer1 - hopefully both Streit and Timo will pick things up a bit, but I also think that even the offensively-challenged guys like Coburn and Grossman (!) can get more involved if the forwards (like Streit talks about in the article) start looking to get pucks back to the points from deep in the offensive zone. Even those guys should be able to handle a pass and maybe get a shot off or dish off to someone else. I think if they start going vertically more they can get defenses chasing the play a little and maybe open things up in the offensive zone. If you're playing down low all the time and just looking East-West it's easier for the defense to just collapse near the goal and create turnovers.

Edited by JackStraw

hopefully both Streit and Timo will pick things up a bit

Yes him by far needs to pick it up since he can't play defense either waiting for him to bring some kid of value to the team.....something offense was the reason they brought him here it'd be nice to see it payoff some how....

Would love to get a shirt like that, an awesome re transformation of our logo...having that for a 3rd jersey would kick ass!!

That is exactly what i thought when i fell in love with it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or if not, how about try it on a Phantom jersey first, just with Phantom color scheme....then if everyone like it put as a Flyer 3rd jersey with Flyer colors

I've actually noticed Streit making some nicer plays on D lately, which seems unlikely, and I was shocked when I thought, "nice play, who was that? holy crap, it was Streit!"

Timmo just can't hold up his contract anymore. Still solid, but ultimately unreliable.

Yes him by far needs to pick it up since he can't play defense either waiting for him to bring some kid of value to the team.....something offense was the reason they brought him here it'd be nice to see it payoff some how....

Guess it happens sometimes...

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20131204_Flyers_need_defensemen_to_get_offensive.html

I would really like to see the Flyers start going North-South more in the offensive zone. They seem to have an obsession with cross-ice passes that usually end up bouncing of a stick or being picked off by one the eight or nine (it seems like) opposing players standing in the way.

Good article by Seravalli, If I had a nickle for every time I heard that, Well, I'd have a nickle :lol: