What would Subban Traded to Flyers take? (Habs Fan prospective)

habsguy26

You guys just really don't understand how good he is.

I don't think anybody here will disagree with you on THAT point.  He is in fact really, really good.... incredibly good.  I will even go as far as saying that he *may* be the best defenseman in the league as of this moment. If not *the* best, defintely in the top 3.  that's how much I think of Subban. 

However, what you are proposing to give up for him (and I know this is a fantasy trade) is ridiculously too much, even considering Subban's credentials.

Yet, like Rux said, if anybody in the elague would do a trade of such enormous stupidity, it would be our GM.

No. *******. Way.

I also am a Subban hater

I wouldn't trade all of that for anyone. That's insanely idiotic, especially for a Mike Green with a worse attitude. I like more than a side of defense with my defenseman. Also, Norris voting is way too biased towards defenseman scoring points.

Uh oh. Look out fellas, a random fan is playing hardball with us random fans on this imaginary subban deal.

Here's what it would take for me to give up P.K to the Flyers.

To Flyers: P.K Subban, Gabriel Dumont

To Habs: Scott Laughton, Samuel Morin, Tye McGinn, Matt Read, a 2nd round pick and a conditonal 1st in the 2015 draft (if P.K resigns with Flyers)

This is what it would take. He's playing incredibly well this season and coming off a Norris Trophy?

Think I'm crazy?

Nope.

He's that good.

Don't like it?

Guess you're not getting him.

@habsguy26  I probably value Subban more than any Flyer fan here, but that is just way to much. If you take out McGinn and Read, you'd be fairly close.

Laughton, Morin and a 1st and 2nd should get it done. If Read has to be included then the 1st has to be taken out of the equation. I can see Montreal wanting a legit veteran forward NHL forward, prospects and picks are nice, but nothing guaranteed. If P.K was traded, I'd say other teams would have better trading pieces to accommodate the Habs demands. 

I think Ryan Strome, Travis Harmonic and a high draft pick being a fair trade...both the Isles and Habs would benefit from that deal.

I think someone's still a little upset over the Norris Trophy

Actually I accepted it as bias as soon as the announcement was made. The more I looked at the stats at the time the more I felt it was a racially motivated award than anything else.

I just don't think Subban is worth anything near what is being hinted at in these trade posts. If he weren't such a selfish prick I might feel differently.

• Like 2

If he weren't such a selfish prick I might feel differently.

And I think this statement alone should speak volumes and be the trumping argument.  After all, if anyone should know a selfish prick when he sees one, it's a Penguins fan.   :)

Actually I accepted it as bias as soon as the announcement was made. The more I looked at the stats at the time the more I felt it was a racially motivated award than anything else.

I just don't think Subban is worth anything near what is being hinted at in these trade posts. If he weren't such a selfish prick I might feel differently.

Subban > LeWang

And I think this statement alone should speak volumes and be the trumping argument. After all, if anyone should know a selfish prick when he sees one, it's a Penguins fan. :)

You're 100% right! I watched Jagr leave and have spent decades dealing with Flyers fans!

• Like 1

Last year Letang outplayed Subban in every category including defense. Had better stats including +/- in ten fewer games.

Having said that... I don't think either of them is worth the trade proposal put forth.

Crosby for Rosehill??

Rosehill is a sniper waiting to come out :lol:

• Like 1