New lines and D pairings?

Guest JackStraw

okay someone else said it first.

this. one thousand times, our viking is starting to look creaky. he needs a lesser role where he can be more effective.

don't tell polaris i wrote this....*shifty eyes* he'll probably find out anyway.

Hahaha!

So we went out and spent $20M to play Streit on the third line with Mez ?

i think that's just the order in which the guy wrote the pairings down.  timonen, streit and coburn all had about the same icetime last night at just over 20 minutes.  mezsaros was over 21, leaving grossman a little over 17 and schenn a little over 14.  streit is getting appropriate icetime, no matter what number someone puts on the pairings.

I don't understand why Hartnell is on any line above the third.  It is so apparent that he is far behind the other top 6 forwards in skating ability.  I like Brelic's lines.  I'd also like to see them try:

Read/Giroux/Voracek

Simmonds/Lecavalier/Schenn

Hartnell/Couturier/Talbot

Rosehill/Hall/Rinaldo

I really like your forward lines.  Read needs to be with playmakers/scorers in order to be effective.  I think that he is a wasted talent being on the 3rd line with grinders.  Also, Hartnell on the first line is ridiculous.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

@fishbulb @jammer2

I haven't seen Striet as being "horrible " or a "disaster in his own end". admittedly i have only watched 4 periods of hockey this season, so there is a chance that when i am not watching he does bonehead stuff , but so far, he's been fine from my viewing experience. 

I don't get it, really I haven't seen him make a stupid turn over, i have seen  him get beat in the corners but that happens to everyone, i think people are bitching based upon reputation and contract and not what they're seeing on the the ice. i think he's been decent.

I missed the whole FLA game, but I did see one play in the Leafs game where he gave up the puck and it lead to a goal. To early to judge, but his rep follows him. I'm willing to stay objective and give him time.