Flyers vs Leafs on Sunday

Guest jammer2

From London, Ontario at the Budweiser Gardens. I just checked the game is on Leafs tv, @6:00 pm. For those of us that live in Ontario, check your cable supplier to see if they offer Leafs tv. I know I can add it for 3.99 a month, which I would gladly pay to see this game....I feel dirty admitting this, but I already have it, it keeps me in the loop and shows games in the off season ha ha.

Anyways, I'm gonna watch it and tape it, so I'll be giving a full report for those that can't see it on tv. If anyone finds the line-up for this game before I do, please post in this thread. I expect a lot of fights and rough stuff, can't wait! It might take a while for me to post after the game, due to the 3rd last episode of Breaking Bad starting at 9pm, right after the game, but I'll get it on the net as soon as possible. 

From London, Ontario at the Budweiser Gardens. I just checked the game is on Leafs tv, @6:00 pm. For those of us that live in Ontario, check your cable supplier to see if they offer Leafs tv. I know I can add it for 3.99 a month, which I would gladly pay to see this game....I feel dirty admitting this, but I already have it, it keeps me in the loop and shows games in the off season ha ha.

Anyways, I'm gonna watch it and tape it, so I'll be giving a full report for those that can't see it on tv. If anyone finds the line-up for this game before I do, please post in this thread. I expect a lot of fights and rough stuff, can't wait! It might take a while for me to post after the game, due to the 3rd last episode of Breaking Bad starting at 9pm, right after the game, but I'll get it on the net as soon as possible. 

@jammer2

we have leafs tv as well. I'm sure the game will be on in Ontario. Good thing about leafs tv, when they play The Flyers the game is repeated again, when I worked evenings I could still watch it. Heard that center ice will have the pre-season games. For everyone else firstrowsports.com should have it.

according to those who have Direct Tv the game is on the NHL Networks station (215).  For those who live in and around the Philly area it may be blacked out because of Comcast.  I've seen it happen before.  Here's to keeping my fingers crossed.  Game time is 6:00 pm.

• Like 1

@jammer2

ah good, but no worries.  Hoping some will show up for game chat also.    

And an FYI to any member reading this, as I hope to see game chat used on a regular daily basis during the season for those wishing to chat about games each night.

• Like 1

according to those who have Direct Tv the game is on the NHL Networks station (215).  For those who live in and around the Philly area it may be blacked out because of Comcast.  I've seen it happen before.  Here's to keeping my fingers crossed.  Game time is 6:00 pm.

I have DirecTV.  Penguins game is scheduled. :angry:

I have not seen a Leafs roster yet, but I strongly suspect they will dress both Jamie Devane, and David Broll (otherwise known as the Brolldozer..lol), two hard nosed kids who can only move up the ladder by beating people up. I also suspect our 3rd rounder the Ghoul will make his NHL debut to counter at least one of the two Toronto goons. Of course, this will mean fights, and lots of them!!

@MaineFlyFan

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Preseason-Gameday-9-15-13-vs-Toronto-London-ONT/45/53959#.UjUgMsbrzV0

Below is the Flyers' Group A roster for London and Toronto:

FORWARDS
10 Brayden Schenn
15 Tye McGinn
18 Adam Hall
19 Scott Hartnell
21 Scott Laughton
23 Ben Holmstrom
24 Matt Read
25 Maxime Talbot
36 Zac Rinaldo
37 Jay Rosehill
47 Marcel Noebels
52 Nick Cousins
56 Tyler Brown
64 Brandon Alderson
65 Rob Bordson
74 Doug Clarkson

DEFENSEMEN
8 Nicklas Grossmann
22 Luke Schenn
26 Erik Gustafsson
27 Bruno Gervais
38 Oliver Lauridsen
39 Mark Alt
41 Andrej Meszaros
75 Hal Gill

GOALIES
33 Cal Heeter
35 Steve Mason
49 Anthony Stolarz

GROUP B: The following players have remained in Philadelphia and will be available to dress for the game against the Capitals on Monday evening.

FORWARDS
12 Michael Raffl
14 Sean Couturier
17 Wayne Simmonds
40 Vincent Lecavalier
42 Jason Akeson
45 Kris Newbury
46 Andrew Johnston
51 Petr Straka
53 Tyrell Goulbourne
54 Matt Mangene
58 Taylor Leier
59 Kyle Flanagan
61 Zack FitzGerald
76 Chris VandeVelde
93 Jakub Voracek

DEFENSEMEN
3 Brandon Manning
5 Braydon Coburn
32 Mark Streit
44 Kimmo Timonen
50 Maxim Lamarche
55 Samuel Morin
60 Steven Delisle
62 Tyler Hosteler
63 Cullen Eddy
68 Todd Orlando
70 Mark Nemec

GOALIES
29 Ray Emery
30 Yann Danis
67 Carsen Chubak

@MaineFlyFan  Well, in your defense, he was only drafted a few months ago, a 3rd round pick from the WHL. Some say (myself included) that he went to high, think he still would have been there in the 5th or 6th...but regardless, I'm excited to see him throw down. Guaranteed he fights, maybe off the opening draw if he is out there for a tone setter.

Rinaldo is gonna PASTE some Leafs, which will lead to more fights no doubt!!  There could be a bench clearing brawl even, who knows?

stupid Time Warner Cable in NYC - NHL Network has the Pens/Avs. That sucks. I don't see any "alternate" NHL Network either, must be a Direct-TV thing only....guess I'll be watching online...streamhunter doesn't list it (yet) but firstrowsports does.

I'll be surprised if Center Ice shows any preseason games. They never have before; always have to wait until friggn baseball season is over.

Anyway THANKS! for the reminder you guys. 6pm tonight - one way or another it'll be Flyers hockey LIVE!

Ok...line combos for tonight?  I admit I am not that good at projecting lines like some of you on here can do.  Here is my stab at it.  Extra tough since it is a split squad and 1st pre-season game of season.  Thoughts?  (This is based off of Group A in Toronto that @hf101 posted).

LINES COMBO:

FORWARDS:

Hartnell – Laughton – B. Schenn  (Laughton at one of the wing position since there has been talk of him moving there to make team)

Cousins – Read – McGinn

Hall – Talbot – Noebels

Rosehill – Rinaldo – Clarkson

Extra: (Holmstrom / Brown / Alderson )

DEFENSE:

L. Schenn – Grossman

Gustafsson – Lauridsen

Meszaros – Alt (Gill)

Extra: (Gervais)

GOALIES:

1st Period - Mason

2nd Period - Heeter