Meltzer: Flyers Top 10 Offensive Defencemen

radoran

@fan4ever That list is like glancing at an aging fake blond from across the street....good from far, but far from good. The depth on that list is disturbing!!

Love that comment. Good to see Big Bad Behn on the list. While most people will remember him for his fighting ability (and others for his propensity for turnovers) he was also very skilled offensively and even made some all star teams.

He was one of my favorite Flyers simply because he was nuts. I remember Al Morganti interviewing him and talking about the interview and his fighting ability and he said "He threw every single punch with evil intentions".

@Dynamo 47 "He threw every single punch with evil intentions"."

ha ha...that's the Behn I knew and loved!! That was one crazy SOB!!!

Here is Behn at his finest. It takes a long time to get going but I would love to have heard the conversation. Right before they start throwing Wilson almost seems like he is sticking his tongue out or laughing at him.

Perhaps his psycho best

By the time Coffey got to the Flyers, I think he wasn't much help to the team. There were lots of times that instead of making a quick pass up the ice, he would skate with the puck. He slowed the offense down. Play had to wait for him. He was frustrating to watch.

Edited by blocker

@Dynamo 47 That second Wislon fight with Jon Hillworth vs Behn, that was a short punch to the chin that had so much power it knocked him our, or as Gene said, "put him on Queer Street"....LMAO!

Just a side note, it's really bugging me more than ever before, I LOVED the idea that I could glance at that fight and *knew* that it was in Detroit cause of the home Whites they were wearing. I miss the home whites, I mean a whole lot. It's a disgusting travesty to have it any other way. We gotta start a protest of some sort, let our voices be heard. Every real old time fan of hockey would get behind this in a milisecond.

• Like 2

By the time Coffey got to the Flyers, I think he wasn't much help to the team. There were lots of times that instead of making a quick pass up the ice, he would skate with the puck. He slowed the offense down. Play had to wait for him. He was frustrating to watch.

Coffey is the poster child for the Flyers bringing in past-their-time vets. Dale Hawerchuk as well.

Unfortunately, Homer has both posters on the wall of his office...

• Like 1

@Dynamo 47 That second Wislon fight with Jon Hillworth vs Behn, that was a short punch to the chin that had so much power it knocked him our, or as Gene said, "put him on Queer Street"....LMAO!

Just a side note, it's really bugging me more than ever before, I LOVED the idea that I could glance at that fight and *knew* that it was in Detroit cause of the home Whites they were wearing. I miss the home whites, I mean a whole lot. It's a disgusting travesty to have it any other way. We gotta start a protest of some sort, let our voices be heard. Every real old time fan of hockey would get behind this in a milisecond.

I am definitely a traditionalist which is why I hate Bettman as much as I do. He was a guy who was an NBA reject and knew nothing of the game nor it's traditions. All he did was come in and expand and put teams in cities where they don't belong; or insist on floating a franchise that should have moved to Quebec (Phoenix). That was all fine and dandy but major work stoppages, a lost season, the crappy cap, the rule changes extra referee, etc makes me yearn for the day his ass is gone and a true hockey game is made Commissioner.