Setup interview with Homer?

Guest behnam

This would be awesome....! I would love to see posters like Jammer, Flyercanuck, Aziz, Howie and the like to post some questions for Homer. Hell pretty much most of the posters here on the flyers forum I would love to see chat with Holmgren it would be very well thought out discussions and aside from guys like me who never bring anything new or debatable to the table just filler for the website I would be happy just watching. A lot of very smart posters on this forum and would be great for the team and its fans to connect especially with the bull crap we had to go through on silly.com you guys deserve it.

Edited by Philly29

I am not saying we shouldn't try. It may be more realistic to have Seravali or Carchidi here. Carchidi responds to my e-mails in a day. He might get a kick out of this. Same thing we Pinacchio

Peace,

Howie

I guess a more realistic scenario (that Homer might agree to) would be that we would compile a list of pre-agreed upon questions (that will be a fun process), say 10 or so, which we would then submit Homer.

I guess a more realistic scenario (that Homer might agree to) would be that we would compile a list of pre-agreed upon questions (that will be a fun process), say 10 or so, which we would then submit Homer.

Probably yes, although a live Q/A session would be more fun.

Yeah, the second thing that came to my mind, after "hey, that's a really cool idea!" was "Except most of the questions we want to ask, he probably can't answer publicly." I still think it'd be great to have him here, but we're almost certainly going to have some ground rules as to what can and cannot be discussed, and just about anything related to free agency, trades, players the team has interest in, Lava's job security (other than vague platitudes) and the Bryzaster are going to be on that second list.

Edited by dilbert719

@benham

I would love to see Homer match wits with Rad, Jackstraw, Pods, Rux, Terp, Aziz and the like.

though the ideal situation would be all of us in the same room with Paul, i bet we get a different impression of him in person.

I vote for in the same room...in fact, let's do it on the ice. I bet Paul still knows how to properly answer questions

• Like 1

Probably, but that would pretty much amount to an emailed response, don't you think?

#1) Who Signed Ilya Bryzgalov?

#2) What Were You Thinking?

#3) No, Seriously, What Were You Thinking?

#4) We Really Want To Know - What Were You Thinking?

#5) Were You Thinking?

#6) Were You?

#7) Really?

#8) Really?

#9) OK, Leaving Bryzgalov Alone For The Next 14 Years, Do You Like Kittens?

#10) Puppies?

Thanks for joining us.

I think it's a terrific idea, my only problem is Homer would be toeing the company line, saying what you would expect and not really shedding any light on the tough questions being tossed his way. I see him responding in a vanilla, transparent company line. Still, a cool idea.

We need a moderator to weed out the ridiculous questions. Someone levelheaded and not prone to bouts of insanity. We'll have to leave the forums to find this person, I think.

#1) Who Signed Ilya Bryzgalov?

#2) What Were You Thinking?

#3) No, Seriously, What Were You Thinking?

#4) We Really Want To Know - What Were You Thinking?

#5) Were You Thinking?

#6) Were You?

#7) Really?

#8) Really?

#9) OK, Leaving Bryzgalov Alone For The Next 14 Years, Do You Like Kittens?

#10) Puppies?

Thanks for joining us.

LMAO!!

I would also ask him what kind of bike he's riding these days.

• Like 1

I think it's a terrific idea, my only problem is Homer would be toeing the company line, saying what you would expect and not really shedding any light on the tough questions being tossed his way. I see him responding in a vanilla, transparent company line. Still, a cool idea.

i remember his STH Q&As being surprisingly candid.

which, maybe that's why he isn't doing them anymore, but there it is.

I want the juicy things, what teams he was competing with for services of player A, who is the toughest agent to negotiate with, who he dreads facing off with, what deals fell short and why.....stuff that only Homer could answer....but professionalism would stop him from from giving out to much valuable info IMHO.

@jammer2

i'd be super interested to see. i remember watching a video of one of those STH things, and he went into detail about what players didn't give the team what they needed to, what contracts he saw as problems, what players were on notice and he'd trade if he could, trades he had persued but come up short on. stuff that is generally, like you said, not disclosed to the public, but he put it out there.

Edited by aziz