I hope Flyers sign Jonathan Blum

Guest ctid

to a one year deal. Nashville didn't qualify him so he will be unrestricted today. I think he is definitely worth a shot.

As much as I like O. Lauridsen, I still feel he is better off with another season in the AHL. Gus obviously need to play with the Flyers now.

so if mesz and coburn get dealt, Blum could be interesting as a bottom pairing d-man

• Like 1

to a one year deal. Nashville didn't qualify him so he will be unrestricted today. I think he is definitely worth a shot.

As much as I like O. Lauridsen, I still feel he is better off with another season in the AHL. Gus obviously need to play with the Flyers now.

so if mesz and coburn get dealt, Blum could be interesting as a bottom pairing d-man

Do it! I say a 2 year deal worth about 25 million gets it done lol. Seriously though, I give him a call

• Like 1

I'd be worried that if Nashville of all places decided to give up on a a still young, former first round draft pick, defenseman, there are some serious deficiencies in his game. But who knows. If they move Mez or Coburn he might be an ok 6,7 option.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, Nashville drafted Blum with the pick we traded for the rights to Timonen and Hartnell.

I'd be worried that if Nashville of all places decided to give up on a a still young, former first round draft pick, defenseman, there are some serious deficiencies in his game. But who knows. If they move Mez or Coburn he might be an ok 6,7 option.

Ryan Parent rings a bell.

This Johnathan Blum character could be the kind of low risk , nice high reward signing that Homer began his tenure as GM trying to make.

some worked out , some got hurt, some didn't and then there was Eminger which was his worst moment as our GM to date IMO.

If Paul doesn't spend like a 19 year old sailor on shore leave in bangkok Blum could turn out to be a nice player at a decent cap number, there is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that young guys need a change of scenery occasionally. maybe he feels blocked by all the talent already on the blue line in Nashville and presses when he gets his chances. i don't know but he has offensive upside a right handed shot, judging by the photos and is a good skater which we all love.

• Like 1

Parent was an unfortunate situation, his back along with Randy Jones never being the same after nearly killing Bergeron, sort of led to the predicament we're in now, those guys were projecting to be around for a while in mid level roles and that just didn't work out.

And man when Parent blew up ( or down or whatever it was that happened to him) it was spectacular, in its immediacy and level of erosion of skills.

Have we ever picked up an RFA who's been let go? That might be a first.

My read says this guy may be worth a one year contract. We haven't seen the end of the trading.

Mesz is a different story. I really wonder if he will ever be healthy enough to play. Reading about Eminger makes me mildly ill.

Howie

Have we ever picked up an RFA who's been let go? That might be a first.

My read says this guy may be worth a one year contract. We haven't seen the end of the trading.

Mesz is a different story. I really wonder if he will ever be healthy enough to play. Reading about Eminger makes me mildly ill.

Howie

I mentioned this the other day when they didn't qualify him...but that is all I've heard on him. Someone said Vancover signed him haven't seen anything on that. They at 50 now have to trade someone .

The next shoe to drop will be interesting.

Yeah if they want to keep it simple and not rattle the natives just let it be Mezz for a 7th even throw in a prospect that isn't coming back after next season any way it it will help it get done.

Or the difficult one trade Coburn for whatever and whomever you want to dream about...and maybe weaken this team who knows what Homer could dream of...i'll just stop there...i'll just take the optimistic option...CUP! CUP! CUP!

Yeah if they want to keep it simple and not rattle the natives just let it be Mezz for a 7th even throw in a prospect that isn't coming back after next season any way it it will help it get done.

Or the difficult one trade Coburn for whatever and whomever you want to dream about...and maybe weaken this team who knows what Homer could dream of...i'll just stop there...i'll just take the optimistic option...CUP! CUP!CUP!

I wonder if Mez is medically cleared to be traded...we may be stuck with the guy...and I believe we don't have the LTIR option with him given Pronger's status.

Howie

I wonder if Mez is medically cleared to be traded...we may be stuck with the guy...and I believe we don't have the LTIR option with him given Pronger's status.

Howie

Howie, there's no limit to the number of players on LTIR AFAIK.

Howie, there's no limit to the number of players on LTIR AFAIK.

AJ: Thank you for the clarification. I was unsure about the limit. If I were a betting man...Mez ends up there. I did not like the medical reports from last year.

Best,

Howie

I think if we want to dump Mez's salary, *we* would have to pay the draft pick. LIke a 5th or 6th type thing. That's the only way I see it happening. Then, when the GM goes to the owner and says I need XXXX to pay for the man of glass, the owner can at least feel good about the investment.