Dreger reports Vinnie to Flyers

Any chance he can play D? :ph34r:

I really can't believe this offseason. The only silver lining I see if Homer can move a young center for a top 4 dman. I don't understand moving Coburn either. He is our only mobile D man in the prime years of his career (bad year aside last year) the flyers have.

I can only shake my head in disbelief.

• Like 2

@Mad Dog

I agree completely.

A serious telling sign of this trade for all of you is... I love this signing. It's stupid, asinine in fact, and its a complete waste of valuable cap space for way too long, and thanks to the NMC... You're stuck with it! ;)

On the sympathetic side... I thought maybe Holmgren had been taught a lesson. I thought the Streit signing didn't necessarily prove otherwise. But I think this one proves he's an idiot. I think Rux hits it on the head... Stupid deals like this are truly ingrained in the management. It's just stupid.

• Like 1

I seem to remember the same kind of reaction when Jagr was signed. I'm sitting here laughing out loud at all the "sky is falling" posts!!

the Jagr deal was for 1 yr. this is 5 and with alot more $$$$ involved. I agree AFF..and I will admit that I initially did not agree with the Jagr,especially considering he was a couple yrs removed from the NHL. However, I recanted and he made me eat my words. I hope it happens again. Let me reiterate...I do not hate Vinny..just the contract and the log jam it creates at the center position while still not addressing the need for a quality backup goalie.

I sure hell hope that Homer has something else up his sleeve.

I am sure more trades are coming, Doc. There *have* to be more trades because the salary cap is becoming an issue... probably not quite (I am too enraged to bother to check where we are at in terms of cap) but I am sure we are getting there. Plus, I can't imagine the team - even as incompetent as this management is - is serious about going to camp with this goaltending. So more trades are coming. This still doesn't explain or excuse this deal.

Somewhere @radoran is smiling and preparing to type something along the lines of..."you didn't expect the management team to actually learn from their mistakes now did you?"

these @ruxpin outbursts confirms they are not the same person....but where is Rad...*shifty eyes*

LMAO.

• Like 1

Rux... I feel your pain man but I think we need to see what happens here with fa and trades. You are right as this is absolutely the same M. O. every year... The signing does not bother me bc I think Vinny has plenty left in the tank but the length and NMC leaves me scratching my head again...

Things are never easy as a Flyers fan... This statement is as proof positive as death and taxes

I don't need to wait and see what happens. Like I said, I've seen this movie way too many times before.

We're going to trade youth to make a position available for the guy we already gave way too much to. That youth player will go on to flourish elsewhere ane it will be "nice" to see him carry the cup. In the meantime, our newest "we just vastly improved our skill" guy will win us a round or two as a 5 seed and then have a bunch of injuries due to middle age surrounded by periods of barely average.

We'll fire the coach because naturally it's his fault, trade for another journeyman goalie and 4-5 years from now people will be f###ing telling me to be patient when I can no longer even drink during games because the hops dissolves the glue for my dentures and the alcohol hurts my rheumatism.

• Like 2

But I think this one proves he's an idiot. I think Rux hits it on the head... Stupid deals like this are truly ingrained in the management. It's just stupid.

Exactly. It's basically a bad habit - that's what it is. It's like a guy who picks pockets for years. He may not even *need* that pocket change, but after doing it for so long, he is so used to it that he simply can't help himself.

I seem to remember the same kind of reaction when Jagr was signed. I'm sitting here laughing out loud at all the "sky is falling" posts!!

1) I liked that signing

2) it's ridiculously not the same thing

3) ultimately where did it get us?

4) you must also laugh at fatal car wrecks because you strangely equate them to non-equal things

@Mad Dog

I agree completely.

A serious telling sign of this trade for all of you is... I love this signing. It's stupid, asinine in fact, and its a complete waste of valuable cap space for way too long, and thanks to the NMC... You're stuck with it! ;)/>

On the sympathetic side... I thought maybe Holmgren had been taught a lesson. I thought the Streit signing didn't necessarily prove otherwise. But I think this one proves he's an idiot. I think Rux hits it on the head... Stupid deals like this are truly ingrained in the management. It's just stupid.

I wouldn't say it proves that Homer is an idiot. It probably does prove that the Flyers are unwilling to commit to building a team with patience. Drafting two promising D prospects, and refraining from trading their young players (at least so far) suggested that maybe they had learned their lesson. This signing proves that they haven't. I think they are going for half measures now- hoping they can develop young talent while at the same time bringing in veteran players to stay competitive. I'm skeptical to say the least.

• Like 2

I don't need to wait and see what happens. Like I said, I've seen this movie way too many times before.

We're going to trade youth to make a position available for the guy we already gave way too much to. That youth player will go on to flourish elsewhere ane it will be "nice" to see him carry the cup. In the meantime, our newest "we just vastly improved our skill" guy will win us a round or two as a 5 seed and then have a bunch of injuries due to middle age surrounded by periods of barely average.

We'll fire the coach because naturally it's his fault, trade for another journeyman goalie and 4-5 years from now people will be f###ing telling me to be patient when I can no longer even drink during games because the hops dissolves the glue for my dentures and the alcohol hurts my rheumatism.

This may be my most favorite rant of all time. And I mean that because I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment.

Do I like this deal - no... Do I think we are better up front - yes. None of it will matter if we do you address goaltending and more importantly defense.

This is a luxury signing when we have more pressing needs.

stands up and cheers!!!! totally agree with ya Rux....if there is ever a better history of recent Flyers history..you just nailed it!

Exactly. It's basically a bad habit - that's what it is. It's like a guy who picks pockets for years. He may not even *need* that pocket change, but after doing it for so long, he is so used to it that he simply can't help himself.

It's a crack habit. Just have to keep tapping it. Homer# Get off Snider's crack!

• Like 1

Wow, just when I thought management could not dissapointment me more there they go again and out do themselves.

I appreciate what Vinny is and was. I would have appreciated it even more if he went to a different team so the Flyers could actually address their needs.

• Like 1