If We sign Vinny, Coots is gone for a dman or right wing

Guest RonJeremy

I agree with what most are saying, keep the defense intact as is even if we move Coburn. We need to give these young guys playing time to develop and see what they bring. I am for keeping Mez around til the trade deadline, his value is probably not much atm. If he comes back this year healthy, he can help and if we stink we can get a good return from a contending team. We are not a Cup contending team now, if we were I can see the push to sign Vinny.

As a Pens fan I hope it all implodes .

Be careful what you wish for. What goes around comes around, you guys will have trouble with the cap in a few years.

Our goaltending option is not much worst then you guys. lol

Be careful what you wish for. What goes around comes around, you guys will have trouble with the cap in a few years.

Our goaltending option is not much worst then you guys. lol

I trust Shero and the numbers look fine as long as the cap rises, which it seems it will.

Our goaltending is great for the regular season. I wonder what you guys will end up with to tandem with Mason is all...

Yes... when they enter training camp, I will assume that. Until then I probably will not.

If the team enters the training camp with him *still* on the roster, we HAVE TO assume he is healthy and they have no intent to do anything with him at least for the time being.

I trust Shero and the numbers look fine as long as the cap rises, which it seems it will.

Our goaltending is great for the regular season. I wonder what you guys will end up with to tandem with Mason is all...

Looks like Thomas atm.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/We-Could-Know-About-Vinny-and-Danny-Soonalso-Miller-to-East-Horton/1/52474

Vinny has gone from wanting a short-term deal to a 5 or 6 year deal and it appears three teams are out front at this point... The Flyers are the favorites, but the Stars and Red Wings are also very interested...

I will be piss if he signs here but the term is ridiculous. Loooks like Homer is going for big names yet again.

What says Laughton is making the team?

What says they'd all be kept at C?

I'd leave Laughton in juniors until he's no longer eligible. That buys time for Schenn and Couturier, and keeps Laughton's contract sliding (and cap friendly).

• Like 1

I'd leave Laughton in juniors until he's no longer eligible.

i'm ok with that too unless he stands out and they have no option he needs more seasoning, well because i don't know of an example of too much seasoning is bad.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I don't. I think you're right.

But let's play hypothetical: Say they do end up moving Coburn, are you okay? I like the way Gus and Lauridsen played at the end of the season, so maybe you don't even have to go outside to replace Coburn. What do you think?

I really think with condfidence that they will have with the guy between the pipes ( i dont care who it is, but the players have to feel better with out the bryzaster) they will all play together better in front and I DO WANT VINNY, have him between simmonds and read..and maybe bring back jagr to play with g and hartzy and put jake v with simmonds and vinny and read with schenn....we do not need to do much more...with a healthy talbot back...i'd be ready to go

vinny and read with schenn

The above is why I have a problem with spending money on Vinny (please keep in mind I've always respected the hell out of Vinny): In the above scenario, you have either Vinny or Schenn playing out of position. First, I don't think it's fair to the kid to suddenly just move him to a position that there's no indication he's played. We've seen with Briere what happens when you just randomly move a natural center to wing. So, you move Vinny--who is also a natural center and would also likely not do as well on wing. In fact, with Vinny I could really see Briere part deux. All for the bargain basement price of $5M a year when

WE NEED A WINGER.

I like Vinny. I just think that right now he's a very expensive square peg in a round hole.

• Like 1

I like Vinny.

Why not Vinny on LW with G and Jake???

for 9 years 120 million all back loaded till the last two years...full NMC!!!!!!!!!!! And just send Yzerman a 2nd just for the hell of it!!!!!! :ph34r:

Edited by OccamsRazor

Why not Vinny on LW with G and Jake???

for 9 years 120 million all back loaded till the last two years...full NMC!!!!!!!!!!! And just send Yzerman a 2nd just for the hell of it!!!!!! :ph34r:

If you had left it with just the first line you would have had me hook, line and sinker. I was going to scream NOT ON THE WING through my computer. And then I read the second line. Nice.

@ruxpin

I will take even a step further and say we don't need a d-man at this point. Assuming everybody is healthy, the Flyers will be entering the season with 8 d-men in the mix:

Timonen

Coburn

Grossmann

Mez

Luke Schenn

Streit

Gus

Lauridsen

Enter a possibility/unknown status of Bourdon into the equation, and we even have 9 d-men. I really think Lauridsen and Gus have done everything the team has asked of them. So at the very least, they have earned a look. I really don't want another overpriced has-been eating valuable minutes out of any of the young guys.

Does anybody see this differently?

I agree. I think if healthy (big if) and hopefully more stability in goal with Mason, we are much better off starting the season than last year.

If you figure pairings as follows it isnt too bad and play the season out and see where the chips fall.

Kimo and Coburn

Schenn and Streit

Grossman and Mezaros

Gus/Big O as extras

Streit adds some offensive capability and a RH shot on the power play. Gross and Mez being healthy will save Kimo some minutes and Gus and O provide two different looks with mobility and physicality.

I would like to get bigger on the wing which is why if I left the defense intact I would shoot for someone like Horton as a free agent. He would add size and scoring ability to the wing plus experience and is still young enough to be part of the core for 3-4 years

I was still reffering to vinny and schenn as centers but just who could wing them...and i agree, we are notroious for putting players out of position especially center, we have done that with carter richards briere giroux and as recent as schenn...

If we sign clarkson or ryder, it would be a good start....i would really like elias for a short contract to play with Giroux....i would also like gagne back...with the guys we have currently signed, theres on room for 3 Forwards right now

Edited by falcor1313

Streit adds some offensive capability and a RH shot on the power play.

Well unless there is some switch hitting i'm not aware of the only RH shot i see in your lineup is Schenn....everyone else is a LH shot.

Unless you pencil in Gervais in the lineup the RH shots are limited....please God no more Bruno.

Alt on the Phantoms is an option but you'd have to move someone...Alt may win a spot come training camp/preseason...please no Foster just to get another RH shot for the blueline.

Blum is an excellent option to bring in he isn't going to be qualified by Nashville and he is only 24 and is also a RH shot...make it happen Homer.

Edited by OccamsRazor