Rangers say Richards will be back next season

pilldoc

@pilldoc It did look that way...

Instead it looks like they are blaming Torts for his poor performance and giving Richards another bite at the cherry under Alain Vigneault to see if his game reignites.

If not he can always be bought out next summer instead...

@Digityman Unless he magically finds the step or two that left him last year, a buy out is inevitable. Nice career, but he's hanging on a bit to long. If he plays beyond next year, assuming somebody let's him, he will flat out embarass himself.

@jammer2

Whilst I agree with you re the fact thar he lost a step last year I don't know for sure that this was entirely age related. Allegedly he turned up in poor condition and hadn't been looking after himself during the lockout. I do think he likely gets bought out next year but why not at least see if you can get one more productive year out of him...

Edited by EDI-Flyer

Richards is fortunate to be given another chance with the Rangers. For an organization that has been

continously abused by 'has-been' performances throughout the years, the Rangers are taking another

risk. I do not believe he will turn it around.......and the team loses again.