Jonas Hiller

@OccamsRazor wtf, I'm out. Knowing our unlucky past, Homer would have to be a tool to take on that kinda risk. Which, of course, mean's he's trying to get him as we type.

Even though it is a risk with that being said if he does have vertigo he might come cheaper then you would think. It could be a bargain if he comes cheap enough low risk high reward type deal and especially him and Mason rotating in and out.

• Like 1

@OccamsRazor wtf, I'm out. Knowing our unlucky past, Homer would have to be a tool to take on that kinda risk. Which, of course, mean's he's trying to get him as we type.

And i'm not knocking people that have /had it i'm thinking from a business standpoint...like i said this hits home but we're talking about million...4 of Hiller's salary though...

Howdy:

Here are the guy's recent stats. Not too shabby. And not a heckuva lot different from Bernier's who was achieving Christ-like status on this board. OK, I will be ecumenical...deity-like status...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4189

Some really like the guy...but at 4.5 million...

http://www.anaheimcalling.com/2013/6/5/4387552/player-report-card-jonas-hiller

If I read this right, a trade give us another year. That is relatively low risk.

Peace,

Howie

Wouldn't mind Hiller, he's a good goalie. He's a UFA after next year though so I wouldn't want to give up much to trade for him.

im thinking hiller may got to the flyers at the draft i dont know what else is other there, fa crop is thin with goalies, it's not that impressive.

im thinking hiller may got to the flyers at the draft i dont know what else is other there, fa crop is thin with goalies, it's not that impressive.

If Hiller is coming to the Flyers don't be surprised if Bobby Ryan is coming along with him.

If Hiller is coming to the Flyers don't be surprised if Bobby Ryan is coming along with him.

that's probably what im thinking, im getting the feeling ryan and hiller are on the table, i wouldnt be surprised if he trades the first round pick depending on what happens in draft.

Ya know Linds, that does kinda make my head spin. I just don't think it's important to invest in the offense right now. It's time to have faith in our core and let them take us/evolve into where we have to go. That along with G needing an extension, that's what worries me. Although I always worry about cap space, and have read/typed literally thousands of posts about it....inevitably, Homer finds a way to afford what he wants, the Striet signing and the Weber/Suter/Praise attempts are all prime examples....so it appears I and many others might worry a bit to much about that.

edit...that and the fact we need Scuderi very badly on this team, much...much more important than adding Ryan right now. Let's give our present goalie some stability....and please Homer...clear out the dead wood ie Mez.

Edited by jammer2
  • Like 1

Jammer...

Agree completely... Ryan is a luxury at this point and I don't think it is money well spent giving the current state of this team. Right now the focus should be defense, locking up G and getting a capable goalie to play in tandem w Mason or back him up in the event he clearly emerges as the #1

• Like 2

Ya know Linds, that does kinda make my head spin. I just don't think it's important to invest in the offense right now. It's time to have faith in our core and let them take us/evolve into where we have to go. That along with G needing an extension, that's what worries me. Although I always worry about cap space, and have read/typed literally thousands of posts about it....inevitably, Homer finds a way to afford what he wants, the Striet signing and the Weber/Suter/Praise attempts are all prime examples....so it appears I and many others might worry a bit to much about that.

edit...that and the fact we need Scuderi very badly on this team, much...much more important than adding Ryan right now. Let's give our present goalie some stability....and please Homer...clear out the dead wood ie Mez.

the first line still needs a vet winger that will help giroux's line like jagr, it's evident that giroux was struggling because he had no desent winger on his side, ryan will help that line alot with his size and speed.

i think that sibsa could be dealt as well since ana has to give up a defender, if the flyers are trading coburn or mez.

@murraycraven I don't mean to hijack the thread, but is it not funny how the Flyers are the only team that somehow equates goals = championships. They even go to the extent that as a org, they employ this dreadful run and gun to optimize goals. Only the Flyers can't grasp the simple concept that goaltending and a quick, mobile heads up defence = championship.

I would love to see a defense first system, a boring, in your face, force you into a mistake blood and guts kinda system, one where you get a few chances per game and the stars bury them. That's what this team needs right now....that's what fits our defense as it stands, they need more forwards coming back, more clogging up the neutral zone until our d is mobilie enough to handle something else.

@Howie58 "And not a heckuva lot different from Bernier's who was achieving Christ-like status on this board. OK, I will be ecumenical...deity-like status..."

Hilarious, classic stuff right there Howie!

J2:

Glad to put a smile on your face...take care my friend.

Best,

Howie

Jammer: Greetings again...you are spot on. My gut says, and I am no doctor, that we will not Mesz suit up again. That adds what...4 million on LTIR. We might get a usual waiver...who knows. Cap aside, there are what...50 roster spots. So some of our "fine" prospects get the heave ho...

Gagne...if he doesn't go south of 2, I suspect he is off the radar...sadly.

I also wonder if Hartnell is part of the past...someone may take a chance he returns to form...we may feel he is a spent force.

This will be an interesting July 1st.

Peace,

Howie