BRYZ IS GONE!

@DaGreatGazoo Here is my question DGG, does the timing of this buy out put Homer in a weaker positon with potential UFA goalies or a potential trade partner?? As much as I LOVE Bryz being gone...I question the timing...keep him for 2 more weeks. Perhaps the season ticket renewal is coming up...lol?

@jammer2

I think Homer already has a deal in place...what, I have no clue. But there MUST be reason this was announced now and not at the very end of the buyout period.

Anywho...ding dong the Bryz is gone :)

• Like 1

@DaGreatGazoo Here is my question DGG, does the timing of this buy out put Homer in a weaker positon with potential UFA goalies or a potential trade partner?? As much as I LOVE Bryz being gone...I question the timing...keep him for 2 more weeks. Perhaps the season ticket renewal is coming up...lol?

I don't think so...i actually don't care not trying to be a smart ass....i am to happy...whatever is next i'm ok with it...as long as their competition doesn't include Boosch or MFL i'm open for damn near anybody right now...this thread page may just over load this site with Joy and just shut it down....

The skate has dropped!

I concur that this has to mean there is another goalie move in the works.

If that is true, WHY the Flyers decided to ANNOUNCE this now (when they don't have to for another WEEK) is beyond me.

Anyone feel Homer should sign up for Negotiating 101?

Something fishy is up...maybe something is already in the works!

I thought about that too, Jam. IMO, I believe the thought is that there will be enough UFA goalies on the market, after the buyouts to allow Homer several choices.

Wow! I'm so happy to see this lunatic go!!

If they announce it this soon, there are strategic reasons. Maybe they already have another deal in place? Or, maybe they have a few options and need to be in a position to make a deal on the spot (i.e. at the draft this weekend).

The thing is, people know we need a goalie, but we don't *need* a starter. True or not, Homer can bluff that Mason is the starter and he's looking for a backup, so he's got options.

Maybe they already have another deal in place?

But here is what I don't quite understand. If there *is* a deal in place, or even in the makings, as many are suggesting, what is the rush to announce the decision to buy Bryz out? Make a deal first and then handle the buy-out issue. Or is there some provision in the rules specifying this sort of thing?

Edited by Mad Dog

Just a thought here, but did Bryz utter the Stalin comments to cement his fate in Philly, knowing full well that Mason will at least get half the starts, and his fragile ego could not handle it.....never know, huh?

Just a thought here, but did Bryz utter the Stalin comments to cement his fate in Philly, knowing full well that Mason will at least get half the starts, and his fragile ego could not handle it.....never know, huh?

I honestly don't think Stalin comments had any bearings on Bryz's fate. Players say ridiculous things all the time.

Something tells me the Flyers started mulling over the concept of buying him out basically since the season was over, or maybe even earlier. If anything, what sealed his fate is a complete lack of respect his teammates have for him and the fact that he is simply not that good in what he does to warrant the contract.

• Like 1

But here is what I don't quite understand. If there *is* a deal in place, or even in the makings, as many are suggesting, what is the rush to announce the decision to buy Bryz out? Make a deal first and then handle the buy-out issue. Or is there some provision in the rules specifying this sort of thing?

I think the problem is that we don't have cap space to make a deal in the first place.

A deal can only be announced, or consummated, after Bryz is officially bought out (so two days from now... or is it tomorrow?)

Correct me if I am wrong, but team's can only go 10% over next years cap during the offseason. Dumping Bryz now, may in fact, make it easier for them to sign someone, since they don't have to monkey with cap issues.

Granted, they could handshake on it, dump him, and then sign the deal....