Hypothetical, if Ryan is acquired we have 3 top-tier RW's.

Guest AMMOnation

How does Homer work the cap management on that?

Well move Mezz in one of those deals even it's a throw in it will free up 4 mill...and if Read is involved that will free up another 900k...really all i got and i really don't want to move Read if we don't have too...

...so that leaves me with nothing else but the obvious buh bye Bryz...

Well move Mezz in one of those deals even it's a throw in it will free up 4 mill...and if Read is involved that will free up another 900k...really all i got and i really don't want to move Read if we don't have too...

...so that leaves me with nothing else but the obvious buh bye Bryz...

I can't see any team taking Mez as a throw in though without adding another prospect to the deal. He is damaged goods, and even the teams that need to get to the cap floor can do it more responsibly. Maybe you convince someone to take him on and then immediately buy him out (if that's allowed) but again, you have to toss in something good to make that a reality.

Can you even imagine Yandle, Streit, and Bernier on the Flyers

Sure I can. If all of those were to happen then I expect the only guy left of any significance from the current roster would be Giroux. I'd say there is approximately zero chance that all three of those guys are Flyers next year. Maybe one, the most likely being Bernier.

Edited by JackStraw
  • Like 1

I can't see any team taking Mez as a throw in though without adding another prospect to the deal.

St Louie need another LH shot on their Blueline and still may trade one of their RFA defensemen...buys them a little time...and Flyers will only get like a 7th in return...

Blues blueline would be...

Pietrangelo/JBo

Jackman/Polak-insert Shatty if resigned

Mezz/Ian Cole/Jackman/Chorney

Russell if resigned...doable.

Look for Homer to move salary one way or another (i.e. Coburn, Mezaros . . .Hartnell!). He will find a way.

Can you even imagine Yandle, Streit, and Bernier on the Flyers?

Heck, bring in Letang, Gonchar and Campbell too. We can lose games 14-11.

• Like 1

JUST an FYI to everyone. Over the last 2 seasons, Matt Read (while playing all over the place and being solid without the puck) scored a grand total of SEVEN less goals than Bobby Ryan...who was paid over NINE million dollars more than Read during that time.

But the grass is always greener in Philly.Besides Reads up coming contract I keep over punk Hartnell

No, we'll just play them all and wonder why it isn't working.

Just throwing this out there, that would give us Voracek, Simmonds, and Ryan.

All 1st-2nd line material, does someone go?

I can't see them shipping out Voracek, and **** I really can't see them moving Simmonds either.

Simmonds could hypothetically play LW, as could Voracek, he is a left handed shot.

I might be one of the only folks who doesn't care about Ryan. Local kid right? Great! Good player right? great!

Worth Coburn and a first roud pick? Not on your life.

Any time another team is willing to trade a "top tier" player whose contract isn't up yet, one must always be wary. Always.

• Like 1

If the Bernier deal falls through (and it should if LA is demanding coots) then homer should sign one of their top 4 D men who are UFA's.

Buy out Bryz no matter what we need his cap room more than we need a slighter warmer than corpse body in net.

Go with mason and a pick up (bak storm has been mentioned is he UFA)?

But really, getting Bernier for less than proven talent (picks and potential) but just know that if we send them coots we will regret it.

Even sending them read, you have to know he's going to win another cup and score big goals for them with richie, carter, & willy... And that will suck to watch.

But if we get bernier and a couple of healthy d men this summer, we may be the team having the kings score those goals on. Which will be better than this last god forsaken season.

I think Homer has a few moves up his sleeve.

I think the Bernier deal is going to happen.

I think the Ryan deal (although not for Coburn PLUS the #11 pick) will get done.

And I think that Homer will look to shed salary & dead weight somehow. I highly doubt that Mezaros will be on this hockey club this season. I wonder if he will find a taker or if LTIR is a possibility.

The surprise trade? I think he is keeping it quiet, but is working on a trade for Yandle. (That explains the Coburn to Anaheim rumor.) Just a feeling, that's all.

And I fully expect Brad Richards to be a Flyer.

I would be very happy if most or all those things happen.

I think he meant because Anaheim and LA are so close?

Unless the kings trade someone for Ryan juat so they can get hartnell.

Of course even if Hartsy was a king he's score 49 goals and win them another cup, and we'd be hating homer

Yeah they(LA) need cap space too....talk Hartsy into wanting to joining Cartsy and gang for Justin Williams....

I think Homer has a few moves up his sleeve.

I think the Bernier deal is going to happen.

I think the Ryan deal (although not for Coburn PLUS the #11 pick) will get done.

And I think that Homer will look to shed salary & dead weight somehow. I highly doubt that Mezaros will be on this hockey club this season. I wonder if he will find a taker or if LTIR is a possibility.

The surprise trade? I think he is keeping it quiet, but is working on a trade for Yandle. (That explains the Coburn to Anaheim rumor.) Just a feeling, that's all.

And I fully expect Brad Richards to be a Flyer.

I would be very happy if most or all those things happen.

How in the holy hell do we find money for a Giroux extension if all those trades go down? That's also a massive overhaul of the roster (again)....kinda wonder how they would mesh as a team, even though most of the guys you mentioned are quality guys, you can only make so many deals before the team has no identity left.

• Like 1

How in the holy hell do we find money for a Giroux extension if all those trades go down? That's also a massive overhaul of the roster (again)....kinda wonder how they would mesh as a team, even though most of the guys you mentioned are quality guys, you can only make so many deals before the team has no identity left.

It's got where a lot of Philly fans feel any move is better than none. Holmgren and Clarke wheeled and dealed so much a lot of people are just used to it now.

• Like 2

Didn't we have our own version of Ryan and trade him away for Luke Schenn?

The word on Ryan is that he's streaky. He doesn't have much of a defensive game. Doesn't use his size (in other words, is soft). And he's very streaky.

Sounds a heckuva lot like the guy we sent to Toronto.

Would you trade Coburn and the 11th overall for JVR?

I sure as heck wouldn't.

Didn't we have our own version of Ryan and trade him away for Luke Schenn?

The word on Ryan is that he's streaky. He doesn't have much of a defensive game. Doesn't use his size (in other words, is soft). And he's very streaky.

Sounds a heckuva lot like the guy we sent to Toronto.

Would you trade Coburn and the 11th overall for JVR?

I sure as heck wouldn't.

It's weird...so many people are ok with trading Read, yet want Ryan. How many goals would Read score playing consistant minutes with Getzlaf and Perry? How many would Ryan score being shuffled all over every line? Read is better defensively, faster, way better caphit.

• Like 2