Hypothetical, if Ryan is acquired we have 3 top-tier RW's.

Guest AMMOnation

Just throwing this out there, that would give us Voracek, Simmonds, and Ryan.

All 1st-2nd line material, does someone go?

I can't see them shipping out Voracek, and **** I really can't see them moving Simmonds either.

Simmonds could hypothetically play LW, as could Voracek, he is a left handed shot.

Ryan is nothing more than a luxury right now. I would think this is just smoking mirrors and nothing more... Defense should be the #1 priority....

Exactly. This whole Coburn plus the pick for Ryan, giving up D for F, is nonsensical

• Like 1

Ryan is nothing more than a luxury right now. I would think this is just smoking mirrors and nothing more... Defense should be the #1 priority....

I'm with you on that one. I personally think Simmonds still has a lot more until he reaches his plateau. Perennial 60-70 points a season with his size & hands. Which makes Ryan irrelevant.

Edited by AMMOnation

I'm with you on that one. I personally think Simmonds still has a lot more until he reaches his plateau. Perennial 60-70 points a season with his size & hands. Which makes Ryan irrelevant.

I might get bashed for this but Simmer is on my u touchable list. Love the kid and Imo should be a Flyer for life...

No way i want to move Coburn unless a defenseman is come in another trade just wait till he's a UFA.

If it's Mezz and a draft pick i say yes to Ryan.

I try G centering Ryan and Jake at LW...at first.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Lets say they move Coburn + 11 for Ryan.

I could still see them moving Read for Bernier.

Even then I still could see them moving Cooter for a top 4 defensemen.

Which would leave the 3rd pairing at Mezz and Grossman/Gustafson. That ain't so bad. I think they'd have to move Mezz for something based on his cap hit.

Edited by AMMOnation

Oh yea, forget to mention Read... Safe to say he is 2nd line material at this point?

JUST an FYI to everyone. Over the last 2 seasons, Matt Read (while playing all over the place and being solid without the puck) scored a grand total of SEVEN less goals than Bobby Ryan...who was paid over NINE million dollars more than Read during that time.

But the grass is always greener in Philly.

• Like 3

I think Homer has a few moves up his sleeve.

I think the Bernier deal is going to happen.

I think the Ryan deal (although not for Coburn PLUS the #11 pick) will get done.

And I think that Homer will look to shed salary & dead weight somehow. I highly doubt that Mezaros will be on this hockey club this season. I wonder if he will find a taker or if LTIR is a possibility.

The surprise trade? I think he is keeping it quiet, but is working on a trade for Yandle. (That explains the Coburn to Anaheim rumor.) Just a feeling, that's all.

And I fully expect Brad Richards to be a Flyer.

I would be very happy if most or all those things happen.

All 1st-2nd line material, does someone go?

I can't see them shipping out Voracek, and **** I really can't see them moving Simmonds either.

Simmonds could hypothetically play LW, as could Voracek, he is a left handed shot.

Hartnell to LA? He'd probably agree to go there & Ryan would be far better on that top line with G than Hartnell.

I think Homer has a few moves up his sleeve.

I think the Bernier deal is going to happen.

I think the Ryan deal (although not for Coburn PLUS the #11 pick) will get done.

And I think that Homer will look to shed salary & dead weight somehow. I highly doubt that Mezaros will be on this hockey club this season. I wonder if he will find a taker or if LTIR is a possibility.

The surprise trade? I think he is keeping it quiet, but is working on a trade for Yandle. (That explains the Coburn to Anaheim rumor.) Just a feeling, that's all.

And I fully expect Brad Richards to be a Flyer.

I would be very happy if most or all those things happen.

Have you been reading too much of Eklund, just kidding! I agree that Holmgren and Lombardi have some groundwork deal for Bernier. As for Ryan, nothing word surprise me when it comes to Holmgren and the Flyers love to have Ryan in the fold but why not wait for a couple of years when he becomes a free agent. As for Yandle and Richards, if the Rangers buyout Richards I could see the Flyers in the mix but Richards will go to the team who pays him the most which won't be the Flyers because they have to resign their RFAs in the next couple of years. Yandle could end up here if Couturier is a part of the package going the other way. As long as they end up with Bernier and get rid of Bryzgalov I'll be happy.

You & me both, my friend.

The Bernier situation reminds me of the summer of 1998 when Clarke signed Vanbriesbouck instead of the guy most fans wanted, Curtis Joseph and then Joseph ended up signing with the Leafs. The last places I want to see Bernier end up are Toronto, New Jersey or the Islanders.

• Like 3

Yandle, Ryan and Bernier... How does Homer work the cap management on that? Not saying I would mind any of this but that is a lot of $$ coming into the Flyers and there will have to me a few major pieces moved to fit under/or at the cap.

And I will say it again... pass on Yandle.

• Like 1

Yandle, Ryan and Bernier... How does Homer work the cap management on that? Not saying I would mind any of this but that is a lot of $$ coming into the Flyers and there will have to me a few major pieces moved to fit under/or at the cap.

And I will say it again... pass on Yandle.

Look for Homer to move salary one way or another (i.e. Coburn, Mezaros . . .Hartnell!). He will find a way.

Can you even imagine Yandle, Streit, and Bernier on the Flyers?