Once played Homer in poker...

Guest AMMOnation

The real question is who was the first guy who looked at an octopus and said "fry me up summa dat!"

I often wonder how we started to eat scary and weird things as well, but for me it always comes back to this: a guy was hungry and an octopus was around.

@bakanekimiwa

bluffing 2/3 off suit takes some cajones. We don't know what cards were showing but still, that's some poker playing there.

Edited by mojo1917

@bakanekimiwa

bluffing 2/3 off suit takes some cajones. We don't know what cards were showing but still, that's some poker playing there.

it doesn't take cajones against some players. It says to me that Homer felt that confident enough against this guy that he was willing to play any two cards and find a way to win.

• Like 1

Homer bluffing on Bryzgalov would be wise. Yes, the Flyers do not want Lombardi to put them over a barrel if the Kings think the Flyers do not have a number-one goaltender. The only cheap "options" at this point involve sending Bryzgalov's deal away, hoping that Mason plays for 55 games the way he did in the last seven, and that a Heeter or Stolarz busts a move and proves serviceable as a backup. Beyond that, the Flyers either have to work around Bryzgalov's cap hit or possibly find themselves "held up without a gun" on a deal like one for Bernier. I--personally--would amnesty the Bryzgalov contract and bring back Rayzr Ray Emery--whom I wish had never left. I think Emery came thisclose to skating in Crawford's boots--I have the idea that Quenneville regards them as 1 and 1a--not bad.

• Like 2

I often wonder how we started to eat scary and weird things as well, but for me it always comes back to this: a guy was hungry and an octopus was around.

Our ancestors were probably pretty scary and weird things themselves. So it may not have been a big deal.

• Like 1

Our ancestors used the points imperial system so clearly didn't know better than to put an octopus in their mouth.

Fixed....bastardo! (and I'm really catching on to this Spanish language)

Edited by flyercanuck