Once played Homer in poker...

Guest AMMOnation

And got my ass kicked by him. Dude bluffed me with 2 club and 3 spade. Was holding pocket Ace's

So lets see... Homer approaches Winters, says HEY! I AM GOING TO BUY OUT BRYZ!!!

The rest of the NHL then has Homer by the balls when it comes to acquiring a goalie capable of at the least, splitting time at #1.

Or...

Homer approaches Winters... Hey you know? That guy bryz aside from his poor play and Stalin talk, we really like him. We're not going to buy him out!!!

Now.. Half the GM's in the world dominantly on lets say... Boston, Pitts, Detroit, Ana, San Jose ect laugh at Homer.. Yea buddy, nice try!!! Then theres the GM's on Columbus, Fla... Holy ****, what is Homer thinking not dumping Bryz?! I was almost certain we were going to dump (name your goalie) on him!! Maybe if I offer (name your goalie) to him before he makes the buy out official he will change his mind!

Edited by AMMOnation

And got my ass kicked by him. Dude bluffed me with 2 club and 3 spade. Was holding pocket Ace's

So lets see... Homer approaches Winters, says HEY! I AM GOING TO BUY OUT BRYZ!!!

The rest of the NHL then has Homer by the balls when it comes to acquiring a goalie capable of at the least, splitting time at #1.

Or...

Homer approaches Winters... Hey you know? That guy bryz aside from his poor play and Stalin talk, we really like him. We're not going to buy him out!!!

Now.. Half the GM's in the world dominantly on lets say... Boston, Pitts, Detroit, Ana, San Jose ect laugh at Homer.. Yea buddy, nice try!!! Then theres the GM's on Columbus, Fla... Holy ****, what is Homer thinking not dumping Bryz?! I was almost certain we were going to dump (name your goalie) on him!! Maybe if I offer (name your goalie) to him before he makes the buy out official he will change his mind!

OK you're just f***ing with me there at the end, right? Because that was about as logical as my first acid trip.

• Like 1

If his point is, thats what homer is trying to do now, to bring down the price of another goalie, saying in essecnce "we have bryz already" to LA/whoever else.....i can see that,

Edited by falcor1313
  • Like 1

If his point is, thats what homer is trying to do now, to bring down the price of another goalie, saying in essecnce "we have bryz already" to LA/whoever else.....i can see that,

If that's his point, I seriously need a decoder ring.

OK you're just f***ing with me there at the end, right? Because that was about as logical as my first acid trip.

My first acid trip made a hell of a lot more sense than that post.

This board as a whole is now starting to make much more sense.

Alright we have all the board veterans here, naturally you're all geniuses. Show me a post where any of you gave the slightest hint to Homer playing out my theory. Then I will show you where you all posted, OMG, IS HOMER NUTS, FIRE HOMER!

It's almost as if Los Angeles didn't already have an offer for Bernier from the Flyers along with, reportedly, 12 other teams.

Do we think that the Kings are going "well, we can't take this offer seriously because Bryz's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl that Homer wasn't going to buy out Bryzgalov."

I guess it's pretty serious.

It could very well be that hockey executives do a lot of talking that doesn't get reported in the media.

Developing.

...to the BAR!

Attaboy.

This might shock you but I recently took a break from drinking. Three weeks so far. We'll see. Suffice to say that the precipitating event was a real horrorshow. Tequila was involved.

Attaboy.

This might shock you but I recently took a break from drinking. Three weeks so far. We'll see. Suffice to say that the precipitating event was a real horrorshow. Tequila was involved.

Pretty sure at our age's..Tequila and horror show always go together!

Alright we have all the board veterans here, naturally you're all geniuses. Show me a post where any of you gave the slightest hint to Homer playing out my theory. Then I will show you where you all posted, OMG, IS HOMER NUTS, FIRE HOMER!

Hey AMMO,

No offense, because I like you and all, but I'm just struggling to figure out what the heck you're saying in the last couple posts. Honestly not trying to be a jerk (do it well without trying), but haven't been able to figure out if I agree or disagree or what.

You doing okay?

Love tequila.

Once made "mexican tea" because I found on it on the interwebs. It's even parts Corona and tequila. Now THAT was a mistake. Aside from tasting like ass, I was wasted by halfway into the second 6 oz. glass...and I can usually drink either for quite awhile before feeling much.

Nasty stuff.

Alright we have all the board veterans here, naturally you're all geniuses.Show me a post where any of you gave the slightest hint to Homer playing out my theory. Then I will show you where you all posted, OMG, IS HOMER NUTS, FIRE HOMER!

OK I really don't feel working at this very moment, so I'll bite. See, the issue is not with your simple premise of Homer trying to lessen the price for a goalie by pretending he's happy with the one he has (although I suggest you read rad's post). It's the fact that you sh!t the bed totally after the word "Now" in your post....I mean you were kinda sharting even before that, but allow me to illustrate:

Now.. Half the GM's in the world dominantly on lets say... Boston, Pitts, Detroit, Ana, San Jose ect laugh at Homer.. Yea buddy, nice try!!! Then theres the GM's on Columbus, Fla... Holy ****, what is Homer thinking not dumping Bryz?! I was almost certain we were going to dump [dump? Homer is in a great bargaining position to get somebody's garbage? Is that why he'd be a genius?](name your goalie) [You said Columbus right? OK, I name Bobrovsky, is he available? Can we get him straight up for a 5th round pick now that Homer has strengthened his bargaining position? But wait, Columbus' GM was looking to 'dump' garbage, Bob just won the Vezina, I'm confused] on him!! Maybe if I offer (name your goalie) to him before he makes the buy out official he will change his mind! [Make the buyout official?? I thought we just fooled Columbus' GM into thinking we weren't buying Bryz out, which is it? And 'change his mind' from making the buyout official (as last defined) would mean now that he won't but Bryz out....so why would Homer need another goalie then? Now I'm really tripping balls]

OK in all seriousness, if you can straighten that out for me I'd love to hear it.

Edited by sarsippius

Love tequila.

Once made "mexican tea" because I found on it on the interwebs. It's even parts Corona and tequila. Now THAT was a mistake. Aside from tasting like ass, I was wasted by halfway into the second 6 oz. glass...and I can usually drink either for quite awhile before feeling much.

Nasty stuff.

The question i've always wondered with tequila is, when whoever it was that first came up with this evil concoction smelled it (because you DO smell something you've never drank before) why on earth did he ever drink it???

The question i've always wondered with tequila is, when whoever it was that first came up with this evil concoction smelled it (because you DO smell something you've never drank before) why on earth did he ever drink it???

I've wondered that about liver (not the one you're killing with the tequila). How it makes it to anyone's mouth, I'll never know.

• Like 1

I've wondered that about liver (not the one you're killing with the tequila). How it makes it to anyone's mouth, I'll never know.

The real question is who was the first guy who looked at an octopus and said "fry me up summa dat!"