Mason / Bryzgalov goalie tandem for 2013-14

Guest hf101

Well it's just a small sample where the 50 million dollar man played also, with the same cast yet strangely didn't get close to the same results (which if he cared he should have felt threatened yet he preferred nap time)...

Well, except for the 2-1 win over the playoff-bound Islanders and the 7-3 win over the playoff-bound Habs - both in front of Bryzgalov.

Those same Flyers also managed to squander a .952, 21-save effort against the Sabres in front of Mason by not scoring a goal.

Well, except for the 2-1 win over the playoff-bound Islanders and the 7-3 win over the playoff-bound Habs - both in front of Bryzgalov.

Those same Flyers also managed to squander a .952, 21-save effort against the Sabres in front of Mason by not scoring a goal.

Well goal scoring is a little different...they struggled all season with that..Mason did his job...no way they'll win 82 games gonna lose some close ones especially the ones u don't score any goals...yet Mason stopped many breakaways that would have been scores had Bryz been in net...hell I'm still waiting for Bryz to stop a breakaway.....his handling of the puck will greatly help the breakout game.

Well goal scoring is a little different...they struggled all season with that..Mason did his job...no way they'll win 82 games gonna lose some close ones especially the ones u don't score any goals...yet Mason stopped many breakaways that would have been scores had Bryz been in net...hell I'm still waiting for Bryz to stop a breakaway.....his handling of the puck will greatly help the breakout game.

Again, all I'm saying is to change words like "will" to "could."

It's semantic, but is important.

Goalies can go on big runs - Bryz had his five consecutive shutouts for example - but, in general, their overall body of work is the best way to evaluate them.

Seven games is seven games. Three years something else entirely.

I hope to hell Mason pans out and is a franchise goaltender.

But I've seen enough Jim Carreys and Andrew Raycrofts to know that a hot rookie doesn't always turn into a stud goalie.

And, just for the record, I've ripped Bryz up, down, sideways and back again about his inability on breakaways.

• Like 1

And, just for the record, I've ripped Bryz up, down, sideways and back again about his inability on breakaways.

Well it's part of the game so he should be judge on his ability to wiff on everyone...

...Mason ain't being given and credit for his struggles on a not so good team in Columbus for years, where players (with the exception of Bob) go to die at a ripe young age of 19.

Time will tell on him i'm not wanting the Flyers too put all their eggs in Mason's basket just take Bryz's basket from him!

Yet everyone seems to be clamoring for a guy almost his same age(with as much time in net his whole career as Mason got his rookie year, who almost has no experience being a starter mostly backup duty in Bernier)...funny as hell.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Yet everyone seems to be clamoring for a guy almost his same age(with as much time in net his whole career as Mason got his rookie year, who almost has no experience being a starter mostly backup duty in Bernier)...funny as hell.

Such is the place that Homer has put us. Argh.

• Like 1

If the plan is to win, put as many miles as humanly possible between Bryz and the Flyers. I'd buy him out and pay part of his KHL contract just to assure he's not even in the same hemishpere. Say bye bye to his cancerous, quirky counter productive attitude. If the Flyers decide to keep him, I'd be hard pressed to watch a single game, cause the management would be even less intelligent than I previously thought....and believe me, I don't hold them in high esteem.

As much as I HATE Leaky Leighton, I'd rather have him on the team than Bryz, less cap hit for equal numbers.