Rumor: Coburn + 11 for Bobby Ryan being discussed

Scott "Six-year deal with NMC" Hartnell goes out?

Only way that's happening - beyond trading for a skate sharpener - is with a compliance buyout, which would mean they don't have one to use on Bryz.

Pick your poison :)

If they do trade for a skate sharpener, you have to include Hartnell in the list of assets expended to get Ryan.

I'd regular buyout Briere. Should be pretty cheap. Compliance Bryz, save one with Hartnell's name on it, in pencil. Might need it for Streit or Pronger, never know.

i can see this trade happening at the draft because there's alot of good d at the draft but if they arent the ones the flyers want at the 11th pick, then i would pull the trigger since there's no reason for more offensive players, it's better to get ryan.

This doesn't make any sense.

• Like 2

I'd regular buyout Briere. Should be pretty cheap. Compliance Bryz, save one with Hartnell's name on it, in pencil. Might need it for Streit or Pronger, never know.

You can only use it this year or next year.

The issue with the regular buyout on Briere is the $4.3M against next year's cap and the $5.3M against 14-15. Under the old cap, they could likely have absorbed that (and, IMO, planned to all along). With the drop to $64.3M, it's a huge problem to then re-sign Giroux, BSchenn and Couturier.

Boy is this just a dumb idea any way you look at it. This obsession with offense (Lavy) is now officially out of hand.

Coburn (like him or not) is a big part of our defense and he's nowhere near as bad as (too many) Flyers' fans think he is. He's just hitting his prime years as an NHL defenseman so we trade him away then what? That not-very-impressive blue line now has yet another gigantic hole in it. Oh right we got Mark Streit he can fill it right? Don't make me laugh he doesn't have half the defensive game Coburn does.

But wait it gets better:

Now I see there are stories saying we're looking at Brad Richards if the Rags buy him out. Get rid of Briere and his killer cap hit - so that we can take on a new one... Brilliant!

That's right folks the hits just keep on coming...

• Like 2

I cannot see the Ducks taking an offer like that seriously. I read the comments from Flyer fans saying they would be overpaying for Ryan in this deal and all I can say is apparently you guys are in bed before the 10 o'clock games come on, this guy can flat out play. A second pair blue liner and an if come maybe pick for Ryan would be a terrible deal for the Ducks.

• Like 3

Boy is this just a dumb idea any way you look at it. This obsession with offense (Lavy) is now officially out of hand.

Coburn (like him or not) is a big part of our defense and he's nowhere near as bad as (too many) Flyers' fans think he is. He's just hitting his prime years as an NHL defenseman so we trade him away then what? That not-very-impressive blue line now has yet another gigantic hole in it. Oh right we got Mark Streit he can fill it right? Don't make me laugh he doesn't have half the defensive game Coburn does.

But wait it gets better:

Now I see there are stories saying we're looking at Brad Richards if the Rags buy him out. Get rid of Briere and his killer cap hit - so that we can take on a new one... Brilliant!

That's right folks the hits just keep on coming...

Corbun, like Carle, is in his 20s. Flyers don't sign guys long term in their 20s.

Unless they intend to trade them. Especially defensemen.

Flyers sign guys in their 30s. Preferably 35 or over who have been successful with other teams. That accounts for their record of outstanding, uncompromised success.

Corbun, like Carle, is in his 20s. Flyers don't sign guys long term in their 20s.

Unless they intend to trade them. Especially defensemen.

Flyers sign guys in their 30s. Preferably 35 or over who have been successful with other teams. That accounts for their record of outstanding, uncompromised success.

Funny because seemingly many fans here hated Coburn, like Carle. I wanted both retained, and the Flyers to start some blue line continuity. Some fans really think the grass is greener.

• Like 2

If we give up Coby and 1st pick for Ryan, how about Anaheim's 1st and 3rd come back our way for compensation.

Sorry with that compensation is skewed in the Flyers advantage no way Ducks go for that...maybe they just wait till he's a UFA and just sign him and give up nothing...now if there is another Dman coming later in a trade i may do this but don't make sense weakening the blueline to shore up the forwards.

Exclusive pic of Homer chasing the Bobby Ryan trade......

edit...not working, well it looked funny...lol.

One of the worst trade i have seen anyone offer was like this:

Coots,11th, Coburn, Read and Cousins and a 3rd

for

Ryan and Fowler which he later changed to Sbisa

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Funniest thing i read in awhile....

Exclusive pic of Homer chasing the Bobby Ryan trade......

I'll trade Ryan for Coburn straight up..that is even to me...everyone keeps telling me how valuable Dmen are then...so it's a even trade...

Or Mezz and Read for Ryan....period. That is a good trade. Bobby Ryan has only outscored Read by 16 points in 7 more games over the past 2 seasons.

Ryan = 128-42-45-87

Read = 121-35-36-71

Even...actually Read value is pretty high once you consider how cheap he is even it's for one more year!!!!!!!!

If this isn't enough then walk away...take another shot at him when he's a UFA.