Flyers Interested In Miller?

It's been a while boys, so please bare with me. I know this is coming from everyone's favorite blogger, Ek, but he mentioned that the Flyers maybe interested in Miller. Said something like giving up Schenn. Miller is about a half million higher cap hit than Bryz, but a consistently top goaltender in the league. From what I have seen and heard, Miller is also a leader, where Bryz is more of a distraction than anything else. I would like to give Mason a shot and hate to give up Schenn, but Mason is really unproven and they have quiet a few young forwards. I think Miller has quiet a few more years in him, he is only 32. Try to sign him for 4 yrs (I think signed for 2 more already and may want a long final contact) and keep Mason in the wings. Would like to keep Schenn and ride Mason, but they may be in the same situation with their goaltender if Mason flops.

Would make little sense to me if you are giving up young talent for someone that is only one year away from FA. I like Miller but I am not giving up a lot unless he would be signed to an extension at a very reasonable and short term cap hit which is not happening...

It is eklund too so I would think he is throwing **** at the wall to see if it sticks as usual.

Edited by murraycraven

I think we had this thread a month ago? Anyway...

Screw that weak minded fool (Miller or Ek, but in this case I mean Miller). He can't handle pressure, and learned the art of whining from his ironically named former coach, Ruff. Ryan was good in the Olympics, but with his age getting up there, I think his best days are already behind him now.

I'd trade them Briere, but that's about it.

• Like 3

So buy out Bryz and roll with Mason? Any other options at goaltender in the UFA market?

Not this year. It's going to be Bryz. Just grin and bear it.

Next year Halak, Elliott, Miller, Hiller, Crawford

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=G&fa_type_id=2

And, of course, Lundqvist once the Rangers figure out how to play the "blame the goalie" game.

• Like 2

Sorry Doom, must have missed it. Haven't posted in a while, but usually read up on things. He's 32, Bryz is 32 and they pretty much signed him for the rest of his career. Ruff may whine, but he is a top notch coach and wouldn't mind him coaching the Flyers.

It's been a while boys, so please bare with me. I know this is coming from everyone's favorite blogger, Ek, but he mentioned that the Flyers maybe interested in Miller. Said something like giving up Schenn. Miller is about a half million higher cap hit than Bryz, but a consistently top goaltender in the league. From what I have seen and heard, Miller is also a leader, where Bryz is more of a distraction than anything else. I would like to give Mason a shot and hate to give up Schenn, but Mason is really unproven and they have quiet a few young forwards. I think Miller has quiet a few more years in him, he is only 32. Try to sign him for 4 yrs (I think signed for 2 more already and may want a long final contact) and keep Mason in the wings. Would like to keep Schenn and ride Mason, but they may be in the same situation with their goaltender if Mason flops.

Not a chance in he11 do I give up either Schenn for Miller.

Sorry Doom, must have missed it. Haven't posted in a while, but usually read up on things. He's 32, Bryz is 32 and they pretty much signed him for the rest of his career. Ruff may whine, but he is a top notch coach and wouldn't mind him coaching the Flyers.

I meant to harm with the month ago note, the Flyers "season" has made me a little grumpy, my bad.

I wouldn't sign any goalie solely because we have a worse option on the roster. The 32 and 32, plus high cap hits doesn't seem like a success to me.

Ruff is a garbage coach who would have been fired years ago, but no one wants to go to the city of Buffalo. I don't want him neutering the Flyers.

What about Alain Vingeaut though...? I wonder if his job was mortally bound to Kesler's health.

No worries Doom, it has been a while posting and must have just missed the Miller thread. I think Ruff is a good coach. His squads have had a descent D and the O produced. maybe I'm wrong. I dig Laviolette, but no thought of working on D.

Not this year. It's going to be Bryz. Just grin and bear it.

Next year Halak, Elliott, Miller, Hiller, Crawford

http://www.capgeek.c...=G&fa_type_id=2

And, of course, Lundqvist once the Rangers figure out how to play the "blame the goalie" game.

That's actually a good reason for the Flyers not to do anything rash with the goalie situation (i.e., Couturier for Bernier, etc). Go with Bryz and Mason for next season, then buy out Bryz and there should be some decent pickings in the goalie free agent market. In addition to the ones you mention I like Hiller too.

Edit: Oh. You mentioned Hiller. Damn you.

Edited by JackStraw

No worries Doom, it has been a while posting and must have just missed the Miller thread. I think Ruff is a good coach. His squads have had a descent D and the O produced. maybe I'm wrong. I dig Laviolette, but no thought of working on D.

I'm okay with Lavy, but Kevin McCarthy has to go. Promote Hatcher for all I care, just get someone in there who knows what they are doing with the D. Isn't Terry Murray coaching in the A somewhere?

NO! I'll pass...

Miller is practically a lateral move from Bryz. He's a headcase who hasn't done squat in years. He may be better but also has a worse caphit and if you tried to lower it when his contract is up he'd likely thorw a fit and start crying. And that's not even taking into consideration giving them Schenn for him.

• Like 4

I think a certain member here would go ape if Miller left the beloved Sabres and joined the dark side in Philadelphia.

Logically he is a distraction with all his crying. He has not been clutch in years (2009-10) and he is no where near the cost of either Schenn. At least not at this juncture of his career. Too old, too expensive, too close to being a UFA.

I have a feeling that we will see another year of Bryz with a lot of exposure of Mason.

If all else fails, Homer can overpay monetarily when he is a UFA next season.

• Like 1

The only way I'm sending Schenn to Buffalo is for Tyler Myers.

If Torts gets fired, I'd take him as the coach over Lavy. I don't think Ruff or Vigneault is a better option

If ruff or torts were hired by the Flyers that might push my overboard. No way with either torts or ruff.

• Like 2