Once a ducker...

Guest brelic

I saw that the other day and just shook my head in disgust. In all seriousness I expect such foolishness from our hometown hero. I hope Homer was watching that attempt at a "save"... but then again I am sure it is the fault of the coaches, his defense, the trainer, the water boy, the light shining down from the rafter, etc...

edited by mc

edited by mc

edited by mc

edited by mc

edited by mc

@canoli

Quite possibly it's like how the announcers don't say anything anymore when Hartnell falls down. When something happens often enough, why bother reporting it?

Ha! Yeah it's either that or the "mercy rule." But I never heard of him actually DUCKing a shot before that one this year...and now this.

Ha! Yeah it's either that or the "mercy rule." But I never heard of him actually DUCKing a shot before that one this year...and now this.

Yeah, in honestly, this is only two that I'm aware of.

In some instances (this one, for example), one is too much and two is utterly reduckulous.

Re-duck-u-lous indeed! LOL.

After that first one any self-respecting player would've said something to the press afterward to try and kinda make a joke out of it somehow. After losing it would've been hard to joke it away but you have to say something. To just let it become part of your history as a player - an NHL goaltender who ducked a shot - without comment. Yikes.

But this one... it's even worse. He not only ducks but he covers too. Ha - DUCK AND COVER! My god did this guy grow up in 1950s America or what? How did he learn Duck n Cover? Actually he puts his own spin on it, Bryzgalov freakin' turtles as the shot comes in. Wow.

Before it happened I would've said it's inconceivable, no NHL goalie could ever do that. Or if he did it must've been some weird, fluky thing that could never happen again. And now Bryzgalov has done it TWICE! Gawd! the laughs (and embarrassment) never cease with this clown.

[edit: btw THANKS BREL - great find!]

Edited by canoli

551dec085421a88b34bc194ec7ee5f89.jpg

I don't know why yall give him such a hard time...he played great this year...he isn't suppose to stop the puck hr is just suppose to help track it and help coral it in the net, which I think he excells at...got to look on the bright side all you Flyer fans need to learn the game!

Homer should have played MFL more and rested Bryz...its Gervais fault!