Flyers MVP for this season

Guest Samifan

Obviously, some of you misunderstand me. I am NOT saying Bryzgalov is a great goalie, but compared to the absolute CRAP goalies the Organ-Eye-zation has brought here, Bryz is pretty damned good. Anybody want Chechmanek, Esche, or Emery back? Emery is playing behind a better D, and I don't he's a good as Bryz. He let in some soft goals, for sure, but his defense did their Keystone Cops routine, running around in their own zone WAY too often all season. Their offense didn't do a damned thing all year, except for Voracek. Put a respectable team in front of him and then see what he does. My hope is they keep Bryz one more year, trade stiffs like Coburn and Meszaros, and even Timonen if he doesn't retire and go from there. Plus, NOBODY is going to take on that dumba*s contract that Holmgren signed him to. Maybe they will buy him out, but I don't care who you put in goal, the team is NOT NEARLY good enough as is. Plain and simple.

Feel free to try and kill me again. Bring it on.

I'm not trying to kill you. You're doing it yourself. Misunderstand you?

You said this:

I think honorable mention for Flyer MVP is Ilya Bryzgalov.

Kill you? No. The MVP thing would lead one to believe you're already legally brain dead.

I have no problem with much of what you wrote above--except the "Bryz is pretty damned good" because it's clearly not the case. But what you wrote above is not even close to "I think honorable mention for Flyers MVP is Ilya Bryzgalov."

I have problems with others who want to put ALL of the issues this year on Bryz. That, IMO, is equally delusional. But few, if any, are saying that. Obviously the defense was poor--incredibly so. The GM was criminally negligent in not having a back up goalie in ANY season, let alone a shortened season with a condensed schedule. Bryz...or any goalie not named Brodeur...cannot score goals for his team. I get that. The team was horrible for much of the year.

At the end when playing better was a worthless mindless exercise, they played a little better (depending upon one's definition). Except that now instead of giving up 27 shots/game, they were now giving up 40. And with Mason in net, they won. With Bryz UNDER THE SAME CONDITIONS they didn't.

Is Bryz really that good? He seemed to be in Phoenix. He has not been the past two years in Philly by any stretch of the imagination or by any bastardization of the term.

To even put him in the same sentence as MVP --unless MVP stands for Mucus-filled Vag1nal Pu$s-- is simply mind-numbing.

If you're actually just trying to get responses, I applaud you. Got me hook line and sinker. If you're serious, go back to www.dumbas$h1t.com