hf101

49 members have voted

1. 1. 2013 Most Improved Flyer

• Voracek
    • Rinaldo
    • B. Schenn
    • L. Schenn
    • Gustafsson

Which Flyer has improved the most from the previous season and will receive the Pelle Lindbergh Memorial Trophy?

Voracek is probably the front runner for the Clarke MVP Trophy, but he still might be a decent choice here.

Rinaldo became quite an effective pest this season.

Both of Luke and Braydon Schenn have shown improvement.

Simmonds?

Gustafsson?

There has been some nice progression in the Flyer ranks, but Voracek's has been so dramatic, it's impossible to not vote for him from my perspective. In a shorten season he eclipsed all previous goal totals, that gets my vote. That and the fact he broke into elite status among young forwards in the league, with more expected next year, esp if Giroux can get back to his normal self.

There has been some nice progression in the Flyer ranks, but Voracek's has been so dramatic

That it has...but for me i kind of expected it...for me it goes to Schenn...i believe he is only going to get better and better....Jake to me just has the feel he could step back some...possibly. But either one to me really.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Zac Rinaldo wins it hands down imo. Nobody has come further in 1 year than he has. Voracek...we saw the writing on the wall last year so he lived up to what we hoped for but Zac - I didn't think his transformation was possible. It certainly seemed like a long shot with all the attention he got from the refs. He took a lot of **** from them last year and the first couple months this season. Players and officials were just beginning to give him some of the respect he'd earned and then he got hurt. So I like Rinaldo for "most improved" over Jake.

Edited by canoli
  • Like 2

I picked Zac over Jake for because of the most improved. You could see Jakes game starting to come around last year and yes he has improved a lot too but canoli hit it on the head. Zac went from being an afterthought on the ice to a guy who until his injury was being used for all facets of the game. I might even consider putting him in for the Bill Masterson Award......... :o (smarm intended)

Voracek is really coming into elite status...but I picked Rinaldo as well. He is, in my opinion, the most improved. I'm becoming a big fan of Rinaldo. He hits everything that moves, forechecks like crazy, draws penalties by being smart and controlled'ish, toned down the stupid penalties, he is not a liability on the ice anymore....all this from one year to the next. So yes, definitely the most improved in my book.

Voracek for me, just because he stepped up big and did not allow standings effect his game. That show true professionalism in my book. Zac too has stepped up big and managed to tame his penalties, but at the end of the day Jake has earned his contract.

Side note: I am surprised that Jody Shelley is not on the list

I voted for Jake. When I read the topic the first name that jumped into my mind was Zac. He had such a long way to go from last year skating the line, stupid penalties etc. to now being a valuable complimentary piece.

I was also going to vote for Simmonds as he was one of the few bright spots for the offense this season as well.

Jake has to get the nod however because his improvement occurred where it matters the most in the sport, offensive production.

hopefully this is a season to build off of and not "his career year"

I think Luke Schenn has improved from the beginning of the year, playing with 44 has helped, but he is being smarter with when he's choosing to play physically, makes pretty good passes on the outlet an his chips have been better. It's done wonders for his confidence to be playing somewhere other than tronno

• Like 2

@Spinorama

Who is that wearing a Flyers jersey playing guitar? Maybe it should be obvious to me. lol.

sorry I was able to get back to you sooner. I did see your question has been answered but yeah, it's Trey from Phish. He's a huge fan of the team and any time they performed in Philly through the years he's made a big deal about meeting the team, wearing their jersey's at shows and so on. Just a quick google search of Phish and Flyers you'll see tons of instances (among many that don't apply) of Phish and Flyers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=phish+flyers&rlz=1C1DVCP_enUS453US459&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=2HZ6UfruGPat4APl1IDACg&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667