interesting facts on brayden schenn/courturier/laughton

Guest toughfighter83

that's why this team cant score, they rely so much on deflections or rebounds which doesnt always work, sometimes you got to have a sniper on the first and second line to finish.

Except that we can score. A lot. 8th most in the league, in fact. I would say that's pretty good scoring. I can understand what you're getting at, but facts don't bear that out.

And Simmonds is not a sniper but he's exactly the kind of power forward that keeps improving his game and will pot 30 goals (most of them right in the crease area). He will take over for Hartnell as his production declines.

my problem with schenn, courturier, jake is that they cant shoot like roof up shots like go high on the goalie, like most goal scorers can do, most of time i see schenn,courturier, and jake shoot to the pads or miss nets. Like kovy and carter they can roof up shots above the blocker and glove in the nets, that's why this team cant score, they rely so much on deflections or rebounds which doesnt always work, sometimes you got to have a sniper on the first and second line to finish.

It's already been noted the team can in fact score. Carters career shooting % is 11.3. Voraceks career shooting % is 10.3 and Braydon Schenns is 11.0 Not a huge difference there. Again, have a little patience with guys in their early twenties. Those numbers will go up. Carter shot around 6% when he was a year older than Schenn.

@Philly29

I don't think this is a joke topic nor is toughfighter acting as a troll. If you choose not to discuss the topic then don't. He actually has some material here which might open up an interesting thread if you take the time to think past previous posts or that just maybe this poster has some difficulty explaining his opinions. Thus maybe with a little patience and his posting here will come easier with practice.

Beyond that, what I think he is trying to point out that the team lacks the pure goal scorer that Carter is or was someone who could finish the play. Carter currently is fourth in the league in goals scored.

The Flyers do have Jake but they didn't draft him. Voracek currently is in 8th place with 4 less goals. Overall I would rather have Voracek on the team than Carter. I think he is a more complete player on the ice than Carter will ever be.

As Flyercanuck said it is far to early to close the door on what Couturier or Laughton will do for this organization.

If you went after a forward in the draft do you chose one who can finish but maybe is less defensively responsible or a defensively sound forward that has less pure goal scoring talent?

Remember HF101, if Carter was a finisher than the Flyers would have been playing game 7 of the 2010 Stanley Cup finals instead of losing in game 6. He could score goals but was unable to score the big ones when needed. :)

Edited by Lindbergh31

It's already been noted the team can in fact score. Carters career shooting % is 11.3. Voraceks career shooting % is 10.3 and Braydon Schenns is 11.0 Not a huge difference there. Again, have a little patience with guys in their early twenties. Those numbers will go up. Carter shot around 6% when he was a year older than Schenn.

yeah but it's still garage in front of net goals, what about scoring from the blue line or hash marks goals, everytime he has the puck he never shoots it on the pp, he's always passing it back, this team needs sniper like a kovy, malkin,crosby, etc, im leaving carter out of the discussion now because he's a bad example.

Remember HF101, if Carter was a finisher than the Flyers would have been playing game 7 of the 2010 Stanley Cup finals instead of losing in game 6. He could score goals but was unable to score the big ones when needed. :)

Oh, One Painfull Memory!

• Like 1

@Philly29

I don't think this is a joke topic nor is toughfighter acting as a troll. If you choose not to discuss the topic then don't. He actually has some material here which might open up an interesting thread if you take the time to think past previous posts or that just maybe this poster has some difficulty explaining his opinions. Thus maybe with a little patience and his posting here will come easier with practice.

Beyond that, what I think he is trying to point out that the team lacks the pure goal scorer that Carter is or was someone who could finish the play. Carter currently is fourth in the league in goals scored.

The Flyers do have Jake but they didn't draft him. Voracek currently is in 8th place with 4 less goals. Overall I would rather have Voracek on the team than Carter. I think he is a more complete player on the ice than Carter will ever be.

As Flyercanuck said it is far to early to close the door on what Couturier or Laughton will do for this organization.

If you went after a forward in the draft do you chose one who can finish but maybe is less defensively responsible or a defensively sound forward that has less pure goal scoring talent?

Well look how long it took Carter to become 4th in the league in goals so lets give our young guys more then a year or two to prove otherwise...

you are calling me a troll because i post facts? i dont mind passers but you got to have players that can score and finish against good teams/goalies, if they cant do that, it's a big problem, it's what's happening now, the offense is terrible.

if you think homer is a genus, then'll probably wonder why la has a cup and the flyers dont, why chicago, la is better and the flyers arent.

I never thought or said Homer was a genius.....What facts are you posting what Carters been in the league now what almost a decade.....and now he is finally finding his scoring touch...? But our three forwards you mentioned which two are in there second year and one who is not even in the big leagues yet are not big time scorers so there busts time to trade them??? What facts???

yeah but it's still garage in front of net goals, what about scoring from the blue line or hash marks goals, everytime he has the puck he never shoots it on the pp, he's always passing it back, this team needs sniper like a kovy, malkin,crosby, etc, im leaving carter out of the discussion now because he's a bad example.

And almost everyone knows, the garage belongs either on the side or behind the net goals.

I never thought or said Homer was a genius.....What facts are you posting what Carters been in the league now what almost a decade.....and now he is finally finding his scoring touch...? But our three forwards you mentioned which two are in there second year and one who is not even in the big leagues yet are not big time scorers so there busts time to trade them??? What facts???

Carter has never been a clutch guy especially in the playoffs....He has a ring because of Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick.

And almost everyone knows, the garage belongs either on the side or behind the net goals.

yeah but with the trap system the oppisition can keep the forwards away from the goalie making harder for the forwards to get to the net for the garbage goals meaning you got to have a sniper that can shoot from the hash marks, to get those goals without getting close to the net.

Carter has never been a clutch guy especially in the playoffs....He has a ring because of Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick.

yes i know that's why im leaving carter out of the dicussion.

Edited by toughfighter83

yeah but with the trap system the oppisition can keep the forwards away from the goalie making harder for the forwards to get to the net for the garbage goals meaning you got to have a sniper that can shoot from the hash marks, to get those goals without getting close to the net.

Just as FYI, the trap system has nothing whatsoever to do with clogging the front of the net. The trap is played in the neutral zone.

I do agree that in years past, and this year it has happened a bit on 5-on-5 where we're flatly horrible, that we are a garbage-goal team. While garbage goals really are a staple in the playoffs, we do seem to run into trouble against some teams where we cannot get the bounces in front and where we play against a goalie capable of kicking the rebounds past the people standing right on top of him. We don't have a Pavel Bure or Kovy or someone of that nature (Reggie Leach/Brian Propp??), so I get the desire for such a player.

I also can understand the calls for patience with some of the players from other posters. But to the others, while Voracek is having a very nice season and the hope is that he will continue to grow and improve, I don't put him in the same "type" of player as the people listed above. Maybe that's a good thing (Bure is about as selfish a player as I can think of). Dunno.

Well look how long it took Carter to become 4th in the league in goals so lets give our young guys more then a year or two to prove otherwise...

Exactly, it took Carter 4 years to get near the top of the pack since finishing 2nd in the league in the 2008 -9 season.

• Like 1

The trap clogs the front of the net? Seriously dude? Come on... at least make sense when you try to convey a point...

my point is this team cannot win without a sniper, what team has won a cup without a sniper with garage goal players?

Edited by toughfighter83

my point is this team cannot win without a sniper, what team has won a cup without a sniper with garage goal players?

Carolina? Who was on that cup winning team seriously I forget....lol Staal and Williams right.... who else was on that team that was any good other then Ward who won the cup all by himself....

New Jersey Devils

Carolina Hurricanes

Boston Bruins didn't have a true sniper the kind you seem to be referring to

By the way, the term is "garbage" goal.

Also by the way, neither Kovy nor Bure ever won anything.