interesting facts on brayden schenn/courturier/laughton

Guest toughfighter83

brayden schenn-

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brayden_schenn/

Talent Analysis

A smooth skater with good acceleration, Schenn demonstrates a knack for finding open ice. He does not hesitate to rough things up and has the size to dominate in traffic. He is an above-average passer of the puck.

sean courturier- http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/sean_couturier/

A combination of size and skill, Couturier is a solid and safe contributor at both ends of the ice. Perhaps his on-ice vision is his greatest asset, with a knack for finding an open teammate and threading a pass across the rink. Although he needs to continue to add strength to his frame and he is not known for being a punishing physical player, he uses his body well to protect the puck and make a play. Compared to the rest of the package, his skating is only average with the first few steps needing some extra work.

scott laughton- http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/scott_laughton/

Laughton is two-way center whose primary skills are on the defensive side of the ledger. He is a hard-worker with a consistent approach to the game and plenty of smarts. Laughton is not a highly skilled player and it remains to be seen how he'll develop in this area, but he should be an effective third-line player with some potential for second-line duty.

you understand why this team cant score goals because homer either gets guys that are only good at passing or they are good at defending,

i mean look at jeff carter-http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jeff_carter/

Carter's intriguing combination of size, speed and hands give him the potential to be a solid offensive contributor at the NHLicon1.png level.

He has an arsenal of different shots and good hand-eye coordination. A mature young man with strong work habits, as he fills out, the lanky pivot should be able to add strength to his assets, although he is not an especially physical player.

For his present level of play, he already is a responsible defensive player, a good faceoff man and a strong forechecker. Neverthless, Carter should further refine these areas and add to his offensive game as he gains additional experience.

you wonder why carter can score goals and these guys homer got and drafted are nothing like him and cant score goals, i cant understand why everyone is high on these guys, you really think going to be like carter? i dont see it.

i cant understand why everyone is high on these guys, you really think going to be like carter?

Thanks explains your post a lot...you obviously are new too hockey...it may tak e yo some time and yo may still never get it...never seen anyone on here say these guys are like Carter...Brayden at one time was compared to Richy but thats it....Carter never played defense and never passed to his open teammates...he was a puck hog....so there is/was no coparison these guys might not be tabed as goal scorers they have different skill sets...good try though Ilya next question

Who said any of those guys were going to be like Carter?

And this is Schenns 2nd season with Philly, It's a shortened season and he has 8 goals. In Carters 2nd season he had 14. Carter wasn't even in the NHL at Couturiers age. Laughton is still 18 for Christs sake. He's played FIVE NHL games and he's already thrown more bodychecks than Carter.

If you're saying the Flyers should have shown more patience with Carter, how about showing some of your own with 3 kids.

I really kind of hope that NONE of them are like Crater.

I think it would probably be more constructive, and a more enjoyable board, if we stuck to addressing and replying to the points made rather than hurling insults. I'll try to remember to be better about following my own advice.

A-holes.

brayden schenn-

http://www.hockeysfu...brayden_schenn/

Talent Analysis

A smooth skater with good acceleration, Schenn demonstrates a knack for finding open ice. He does not hesitate to rough things up and has the size to dominate in traffic. He is an above-average passer of the puck.

sean courturier- http://www.hockeysfu...sean_couturier/

A combination of size and skill, Couturier is a solid and safe contributor at both ends of the ice. Perhaps his on-ice vision is his greatest asset, with a knack for finding an open teammate and threading a pass across the rink. Although he needs to continue to add strength to his frame and he is not known for being a punishing physical player, he uses his body well to protect the puck and make a play. Compared to the rest of the package, his skating is only average with the first few steps needing some extra work.

scott laughton- http://www.hockeysfu...scott_laughton/

Laughton is two-way center whose primary skills are on the defensive side of the ledger. He is a hard-worker with a consistent approach to the game and plenty of smarts. Laughton is not a highly skilled player and it remains to be seen how he'll develop in this area, but he should be an effective third-line player with some potential for second-line duty.

you understand why this team cant score goals because homer either gets guys that are only good at passing or they are good at defending,

i mean look at jeff carter-http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/jeff_carter/

Carter's intriguing combination of size, speed and hands give him the potential to be a solid offensive contributor at the NHLicon1.png level.

He has an arsenal of different shots and good hand-eye coordination. A mature young man with strong work habits, as he fills out, the lanky pivot should be able to add strength to his assets, although he is not an especially physical player.

For his present level of play, he already is a responsible defensive player, a good faceoff man and a strong forechecker. Neverthless, Carter should further refine these areas and add to his offensive game as he gains additional experience.

you wonder why carter can score goals and these guys homer got and drafted are nothing like him and cant score goals, i cant understand why everyone is high on these guys, you really think going to be like carter? i dont see it.

wow.....this is a joke topic right...are you a troll or are you being serious? Thread Mods we have a troll to kick off the site fellas....philly.com is invading us!!!

Edited by Philly29

wow.....this is a joke topic right...are you a troll or are you being serious? Thread Mods we have a troll to kick off the site fellas....philly.com is invading us!!!

you are calling me a troll because i post facts? i dont mind passers but you got to have players that can score and finish against good teams/goalies, if they cant do that, it's a big problem, it's what's happening now, the offense is terrible.

if you think homer is a genus, then'll probably wonder why la has a cup and the flyers dont, why chicago, la is better and the flyers arent.

Edited by toughfighter83

you are calling me a troll because i post facts? i dont mind passers but you got to have players that can score and finish against good teams/goalies, if they cant do that, it's a big problem, it's what's happening now, the offense is terrible.

these guys cant score wake up already.

facts? here is a fact: the flyers have scored the 8th most goals in the league.

the problem is: the flyers have allowed the 6th most goals against in the league.

which is odd because: the flyers have allowed the 11th fewest shots on goal against in the league.

the discrepancy is explained by: the flyers have the 4th worst save percentage in the league.

ah, facts.

• Like 3

I love reading "edited" and wondering... what did he edit???

People think you're a troll b/c you're way off base toughguy. Instead of just writing what you think, you tend to try and put words in people's mouths. ie) "he's russian and that's why you don't like him."

Nobody is satisfied with this team right now. Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't mean they like what is happening. They just feel there is a more logical fix.

@Philly29

I don't think this is a joke topic nor is toughfighter acting as a troll. If you choose not to discuss the topic then don't. He actually has some material here which might open up an interesting thread if you take the time to think past previous posts or that just maybe this poster has some difficulty explaining his opinions. Thus maybe with a little patience and his posting here will come easier with practice.

Beyond that, what I think he is trying to point out that the team lacks the pure goal scorer that Carter is or was someone who could finish the play. Carter currently is fourth in the league in goals scored.

The Flyers do have Jake but they didn't draft him. Voracek currently is in 8th place with 4 less goals. Overall I would rather have Voracek on the team than Carter. I think he is a more complete player on the ice than Carter will ever be.

As Flyercanuck said it is far to early to close the door on what Couturier or Laughton will do for this organization.

If you went after a forward in the draft do you chose one who can finish but maybe is less defensively responsible or a defensively sound forward that has less pure goal scoring talent?

He actually has some material here which might open up an interesting thread if you take the time to think past previous posts or that just maybe this poster has some difficulty explaining his opinions. Thus maybe with a little patience and his posting here will come easier with practice.

Ahhhhh, I get it.......a kinder, gentler site. :D

@Philly29

I don't think this is a joke topic nor is toughfighter acting as a troll. If you choose not to discuss the topic then don't. He actually has some material here which might open up an interesting thread if you take the time to think past previous posts or that just maybe this poster has some difficulty explaining his opinions. Thus maybe with a little patience and his posting here will come easier with practice.

Beyond that, what I think he is trying to point out that the team lacks the pure goal scorer that Carter is or was someone who could finish the play. Carter currently is fourth in the league in goals scored.

The Flyers do have Jake but they didn't draft him. Voracek currently is in 8th place with 4 less goals. Overall I would rather have Voracek on the team than Carter. I think he is a more complete player on the ice than Carter will ever be.

As Flyercanuck said it is far to early to close the door on what Couturier or Laughton will do for this organization.

If you went after a forward in the draft do you chose one who can finish but maybe is less defensively responsible or a defensively sound forward that has less pure goal scoring talent?

Okay... everyone hold hands and sing Kumbaya...

@Philly29

Okay... everyone hold hands and sing Kumbaya...

@Philly29

my problem with schenn, courturier, jake is that they cant shoot like roof up shots like go high on the goalie, like most goal scorers can do, most of time i see schenn,courturier, and jake shoot to the pads or miss nets. Like kovy and carter they can roof up shots above the blocker and glove in the nets, that's why this team cant score, they rely so much on deflections or rebounds which doesnt always work, sometimes you got to have a sniper on the first and second line to finish.

about the defense of the offensive minded forwards, they can play defense, if the flyers have the right coach which the flyers realistically dont have the right coach. He's more about offense which i guess is the opposite with these players and it's backfiring on the coach.

but the personal and coaching needs fixing, it's the only way this team will get better.

i do believe the gm should be accountable for this as well.

Edited by toughfighter83

I do think the current Flyers' team resembles the traditional criticism of them that they are filled with muckers and grinders and lack a legit sniper. In that sense, I can agree with toughfighter to a point.

Calling Voracek a mucker/grinder is a bit unfair, but the point is he's not a "natural" a la Bossy or Kovy or someone like that (actually, I supposed Carter--who I hated--does fit that criteria). While I think ultimately the defense has to be the primary concern, at some point that type of player does need to be added.

And how long have schenn and cooter been in the NHL? Jake had a fantastic year and should be the team MVP.

Richie and carter did not single handedly win the cup for LA. LA had a very good team before they acquired them.

Edited by murraycraven

<br />Richie and carter did not single handedly win the cup for LA. LA had a very good team before they acquired them. <br />

honestly? no, they didn't. they had a very good goalie before they acquired them. and a pretty ok team. they were a bubble playoff team last year, and would be again, except that the bad teams in both conferences are really bad. headstanding goalies change everything.

honestly? no, they didn't. they had a very good goalie before they acquired them. and a pretty ok team. they were a bubble playoff team last year, and would be again, except that the bad teams in both conferences are really bad. headstanding goalies change everything.

-- why doesn't our head standing goalie change everything?