team collecting a paycheck?

Guest toughfighter83

No, they have more pride than that. A lot of injuries, an asshole who thinks he's funny but sucks at his job in net, and no line chemistry makes this team look worse than it is. Not that it's perfect, but it's not as toxic as it appears.

FOUR defenseman are hurt: Coburn, Mesz, Grossmann, and Bourdon. Plus Timonen and Schenn are banged up if I recall correctly. Seriously, no team can withstand this crap.

I also think G is playing hurt, carrying over from his Germany games...

• Like 1

FOUR defenseman are hurt: Coburn, Mesz, Grossmann, and Bourdon. Plus Timonen and Schenn are banged up if I recall correctly. Seriously, no team can withstand this crap.

If you count Bourdon, who hasn't played a game this year for the Flyers, then you should count Pronger in there, too. Personally, I wouldn't count either.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

I suspect we will see a news release telling us that Giroux was still hurt coming back from Germany, and the problem persisted all season long. Does not explain the lack of effort in puck battles, but I really think we will be hearing this....just to realease it now would but G in danger of having the injury targeted.

• Like 1

G appears to be overstaying shifts. A lot. I assume he's trying his heart out, but between being hurt and gassed, he's useless. While I appreciate his effort, it is a team sport. He needs to remember that you can't do it all alone.

I was thinking Bourdon was in the plans, Pronger not so much. Didn't Bourdon get re-injured in the fall, when there should have been a NHL season?

Jan 13th is when he was placed on IR, one week befor the NHL season started. I assume it was right around then that he was concussed. If the injury happened earlier, the IR would have been retroactive to the day after the injury.