Pot Calls Kettle Black, Makes Good Point

radoran

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/flyers-bryzgalov-blasts-media-over-nap-gate-ve-180304244--nhl.html

Asked pointedly about it in the locker room, a frustrated Bryzgalov admonished the 'not professional journalists' that ran what he called an 'embarrassing' report.

"You know, guys... I don't know where you get this information, but, be honest, did you read yourself what you're writing, guys? That's embarrassing, guys. You've gotta... I don't know, to prove your sources. That was never happening. You know, like, you became... like a not professional journalist. It's embarrassing, guys, seriously. You've gotta do your job better. I'm only point at guys who was, like, involved in this, because it's really embarrassing. And you've gotta be better. Step up, guys. Prove your information... find reliable sources."

The media is shameful. Seravalli couldn't even figure out when Bryzgalov "fell asleep" - "reporting" that Bryz was benched against Winnipeg for falling asleep on the bench in Winnipeg.

That said, Bryz's inability to make a stop on a breakaway is worse.

We report, you decide.

@radoran

While there is no denying that Bryz has been terrible, when people talk about Philly being a tough town because the fans are tough on players, goalies, coaches, QBs, whatever, they should supplement by saying "to be fair, Philly is a tough town on athletes primarily because of the bush-league bunch of hacks in the sports media that play the fans like a fiddle to get a reaction out of them so they can write about how rough the fans in Philly are.

Its a joke. These guys don't seem to have a ton of integrity. Now with all these social network sites and blogs every a-hole with an account can share their opinion and start a controversy provided this bunch of hacks in Philly will run with it.

End of rant.

Edited by Phillygrump
  • Like 4

Judging by what we've seen of the guy in the room and in interviews, my guess is that when told Mason would be started and he'd be "getting a rest", my guess is that Bryzgalov tried to make a joke by miming being asleep. He probably then took the joke too far and pretended to be asleep for longer than appropriate... because he's Bryz and he's an odd ball to say the very least.

My guess is that there's nothing really to this other than all this contention around it ultimately making his departure this summer easier for both sides to swallow.

when Bryzgalov "fell asleep"

It's all a bunch of nothing, in my opinion. A bunch of media hacks (as @Phillygrump appropriately put it) trying to stir up controversy and get some panties in a bunch. That being said, I did find this comment after the article pretty funny...

La lala La lala La lala..........................

In the meeting, the Flyers meeting, the Breezer sleeps tonight..

In the meeting, it bears repeating, the Breezer sleeps tonight...

Ha ha Aweem Away....Aweem Away..Aweem Away .Aweem Away....

Judging by what we've seen of the guy in the room and in interviews, my guess is that when told Mason would be started and he'd be "getting a rest", my guess is that Bryzgalov tried to make a joke by miming being asleep. He probably then took the joke too far and pretended to be asleep for longer than appropriate... because he's Bryz and he's an odd ball to say the very least.

My guess is that there's nothing really to this other than all this contention around it ultimately making his departure this summer easier for both sides to swallow.

Remember when Bryz said he'd be sitting on the bench at the Winter Classic with hot tea in his thermos? Classic Bryz.

Hard to swallow? Yeah, it'll be rough on Bryz.

He'll have to take $1.6+M a year for the next 14 years to not play for the Philadelphia Flyers and then go get another job somewhere to pay him millions more (yes, could be KHL - still millions).

The price he pays...

If he's lucky and stays in the NHL, he'll break even.

Getting paid is always good and keeps you alive and stuff, but let's face it. The Flyers would be willing to pay 24 million dollars for the opportunity to play against Bryzgalov rather than having him play for them.

That's not going to sit well no matter how much he manages to get to back someone else up here or go be a star in Russia.

Remember when Bryz said he'd be sitting on the bench at the Winter Classic with hot tea in his thermos? Classic Bryz.

He is a funny guy. And if he was a great goalie, we'd be eating this stuff up and praising his lack of self censor as high character. Alas, however.....well, this is Philly :wacko:

I can't say i feel for Bryz. I hate the Philly media. it's like they try for the dirty laundry over the good story. But Bryz makes a fortune. And he just keeps feeding them stories. Even here he can't keep his mouth shut.

As was mentioned, he'd be a lot funnier if he was any good.