So what do we think of O. Lauridsen?

Guest ctid

Last night, he got his first "real" NHL goal, led the team with 4 blocked shots, second in hits (4) behind Luke Schenn (6), third highest TOI among defensemen, led defensemen with shots on goal (3).

And rightfully, was the game's first star.

What a night for him.

• Like 1

Last night was the first i've seen his shot... I mean really seen him load up on one....there is a lot to like about this guy , he skates pretty well, surprisingly explosive for a guy that size and his goal vs the Isles was an absolute bomb to the high short side.

Based on the small sampling we saw from him this year i think there is some good stuff to work with, things might not be so bleak on the blue line if he can sustain his level of play or actually improve as he ages and learns the finer points of the game. he could be something.

When they go out and sign "depth" guys, the message they send is "we don't trust our young guys."

Well to be fair there's another interpretation, which is that the younger guys needed more AHL time. I'm not sure just because Ollie looks like he's ready for more NHL minutes now means he was ready 4 months ago, or that the Flyers suck at judging their younger players. Maybe other things can lead you to that conclusion...

for the record I didn't like the Gervais signing either. I'd seen enough of him with the Isles to know he would hurt us more than help us whenever he got on the ice.

Well to be fair there's another interpretation, which is that the younger guys needed more AHL time. I'm not sure just because Ollie looks like he's ready for more NHL minutes now means he was ready 4 months ago, or that the Flyers suck at judging their younger players. Maybe other things can lead you to that conclusion...

for the record I didn't like the Gervais signing either. I'd seen enough of him with the Isles to know he would hurt us more than help us whenever he got on the ice.

I think the past, oh, 30 years might lead one to that conclusion...

Again, this is more a case of doing things the same way and expecting different results. There are and were better options than Lilja, Foster and Gervais.

This team just seems to consistently have a "grass is always greener" approach where the guys in their own system can't possibly be any good because they were chosen by the guys running the system...

Your point that sometimes guys need more time in the A is very well placed. It just, again, seems that every guy always "needs more time in the A."

Without the rash of injuries, would they even have taken a look at Lauridsen this season? If not now, when would they take a look at him?

• Like 1

I am very pleased with him...Looks good thus far. Just glade to see the brass is actually taking there time with there young guys so far. I like Oliver got a lot of snarl to him, plays his position well and his teammates half to feel better with him behind them protecting crease and making the d zone a dangerous place to venture into for the opposition. Something Coburn should be doing if Coburn had more snarl to him and not just a part time basis but on a consistent basis those two on the same team would be nasty... Oliver reminds me of Pronger out there just his shear size and when he flaps his wings just looks like Pronger..... I would like to see what Manning has to offer as well as Gusty. Might actually have a nice young solid defense in years to come between the three if we are patient. Like to see us keep our young guys at forward and keep drafting defensemen let this team grow... Sorry I would space out my sentences but the enter key is not working for some reason...

The best situation for this team would be to have our youth along with a veteran defensive partners. Too many possible mistakes to put them into, that can setback there confidence and growth.

I would put Gus out there with Grossmann. I would want oliver out there with Timo or Luke Schenn, either one would teach him, but I think Luke can definetly benefit from tutalage still, he is becoming very good, scary good if he can improve explosive speed and learn from Pronger/Kimo. He does have a shot, it just has to be trained on over the summer to come out of the cacoon.

Man I'd be excited if I could tale lessons on explosive speed skating and stick hand eye coordination drills. Why do you think Crosby is that good, because he get's hockey skills implants.

You go out there and work it.

And you comeback to the ring at night and work it ....Jagr, we need you back to show how it's done.