4 in a row with Rosehill the player

Guest pensuck

That sandwich hit may have really hurt the Leafs chances going forward, their lines were rolling perfectly and Lupul had a 7 game point streak. I swear he is nothing like the bum that we saw here, tremendous jump in is stride, driving for the net like a maniac.

I swear he is nothing like the bum that we saw here, tremendous jump in is stride, driving for the net like a maniac.

I guess being traded 5 times in 7 years will force you to get your act together. He always had the skill, just lackadaisical.

Lupul should be the captain of the Leafs. I'm saying this with a straight face. He's become a very good NHL player, if he could only stay healthy.

Rosehill was player of the game? I thought Hall was better. Couturier. The Schenn bros had a good game. But who the heck knew Rosehill would actually help. And didn't even get filled in when he fought Orr.

Edited by flyercanuck

And didn't even get filled in when he fought Orr.

In fairness I never had any doubt about his ability to fight... Just his ability to play a valid role as a fourth liner...

Based on only a one game sample he MAY be able to play a limited role on the team but lets see a few more games before we make up our minds either way.

I guess being traded 5 times in 7 years will force you to get your act together. He always had the skill, just lackadaisical.

This is true, however I genuinely feel that his medical situation may have helped change his attitude as well. When you are faced with the loss of your career your perspective changes...

Rosehill played dirty..not as in Matt Cooke or Steve Avery dirty-but played a gritty, dirty game. Exactly what this team has needed. He hit, fought, got to the front of the net and was an all-around PITA. If he does that every game, he will more than earn his salary.

To me, the goal is a bonus..I don't expect many out of him, but if he parks his big butt in the slot like that, you never know.

Rosehill played dirty..not as in Matt Cooke or Steve Avery dirty-but played a gritty, dirty game. Exactly what this team has needed. He hit, fought, got to the front of the net and was an all-around PITA. If he does that every game, he will more than earn his salary.

To me, the goal is a bonus..I don't expect many out of him, but if he parks his big butt in the slot like that, you never know.

Who is this Steve Avery of whom you speak? The incestuous offspring of Sean Avery and Steve Ott perhaps? ;)

@trevluk

An OT loss still gets you a point, so is no different than the ties of yore, worth exactly half of one win.

Not quite, because now the other team is getting 2 points instead of one. With a bunch of teams fighting for a playoff spot, that can be a big factor.

@TedZep

love your enthusiasm and spirit.

I think playoff boat has sailed though, even though the team has looked good of late, we needed points against the Devils Pens and Rangers 2 weeks ago and got nothing, i think nearly every team ahead of us in the standings has games in hand, so the Flyers will have to have a lot of help in addition to not losing the rest of the way. It's not rooting against the team it's my perception of the situation at hand as being beyond the control of the team at this point.

@trevluk

An OT loss still gets you a point, so is no different than the ties of yore, worth exactly half of one win.

But sure, I'll take another 4 games in a row!

yes, but to me playing above 500 hockey means winning more games than you have lost which means the flyers would need to win at least 4 more in a row to achieve that.

@JackStraw

That looks a little more in line with what I saw. Rosehill had a good game. he had a GREAT game for Rosehill. But in comparison to real NHL players, he was another guy out there.

He did have a goal thanks to a deflection off his leg right? ;) That could be the best game of his career! I'm with you.. I think Rosehill is a bum, and I just don't know why anybody would want him.