Who on here wants the Flyers to win tonight?

Guest pensuck

I cannot help but think the playoffs are out of reach despite the fact "we're only 3 points out" our team has played more games than all but maybe the Pens... We have less opportunity to win than do the teams ahead of us. We'll finish 17 th get a ****ty pick and head down he path toward leafsville.

No Coburn, a nicked up Grossmann , no Mezaros, a nicked up Timonen, Bruno Gervais on the second pair...Bryzgalov...and guys want to play 4 more games against the Pens? It won't go 7 believe me, no *****g thanks.

• Like 1

I cannot help but think the playoffs are out of reach despite the fact "we're only 3 points out" our team has played more games than all but maybe the Pens... We have less opportunity to win than do the teams ahead of us. We'll finish 17 th get a ****ty pick and head down he path toward leafsville.

Was true for much of the season, but not any more. Only three teams in the East have played fewer games than the Flyers and two of them are behind them in the standings (Carolina, Tampa) and the other is Boston.

Flyers actually have a game in hand on the 8 seed (Islanders) and are three points out.

They win, they can be in.

But, yeah, this isn't looking like a team that's going to go deep in the playoffs.

<br />Another reason that the "bad start" really killed them (much more than, say, "goalie play") <br />

statness: 1018 total shots against the flyers, 912 saves, save percentage of .896, resulting in 2.86 goals against per game.

104 goals *for* in 37 games, for an average of 2.78 per game.

apply a league average save percentage of .911 to those total shots against, and you'd end up with 927 saves and 90 goals against, or 2.43 goals against per game on average.

2.43GAA, 2.78GFA, had the flyers been able to post the league average save percentage. not stellar or anything, just...average. 2.86GAA, 2.78GFA as it actually happened.

just, you know, saying.

edit: I know, I know, they are just stats and don't reflect a whole lot of real life stuff. still, the reality is the offense ranks 10th in goals scored, while the defense ranks 7th in shots against, and the goaltending ranks 27th in save percentage and 22nd in goals against. there is a hierarchy of suck there.

Edited by aziz
  • Like 1

Another reason that the "bad start" really killed them

It really did...yet there are still in it...as of now.

So in my world i would prefer post season hockey verses none(i don't even care if it's a first round exit)...i'm ok with whatever they get pick wise out of it.

I want post season play...never believed in tanking for anything.

After no post season for my Eagles and it SUCKED!

Hell i'm just happpry they actually have a #1...hopefullly they kind find a keeper with it.

Either way....they went to the Cup with a shootout win...an AMAZING shootout win i'll never forget..."i want more, we mant more"...like the little girl on the commercial...

GO FLYERS!!!!!!

@pensuck

If you really are going to miss an embarrassing little blip in postseason this year, ask yourself this...do Pens fan look back on 2004 and wish they'd played 4 or 5 games of playoff hockey, or are they enjoying Malkin and Crosby for years and years and years. Do Hawks fans cry themselves to sleep cause they didn't have that chance to go out 4 straight in 06 or would they prefer a decade and a half of Jonathan Toews?

@flyercanuck

If you could promise me a player of that calibre by not making the playoffs. That would be a different story. I just have trouble rooting for my home team to lose. I understand that it's probably best for them in the long run but its still hard to do.

@pensuck

I don't look at it as cheering for them to lose. I'm cheering for them to get a player that is really going to help them going forward. Realistically I can't see a team with this makeup doing squat. But I can really see one of those 1-6 or 7 guys making a big difference down the road. It's a good year to suck. It's short, and the draft is good.

I agree FC ... they are what they are, HORRIBLE. I look at it as doing what you need to do in order to get back on the right track. I just hope the player they get is worth it

As a side.... I just have t a feeling that lucks turns for the franchise like it did when they got Lindros.