Richie and Carts deals

ctid

Admittedly, Couturier had an excellent series against Malkin but let's not forget how dysfunctional the Pens were at the time. Meanwhile, look at Couturier's much larger body of work this year: Lackadaisical, soft and slow.

I am not sold on Couturier; I am sold on Hamilton.

I know it is anathema to say anything other than Couturier "shut down" Malkin last season in the playoffs.

Malkin had eight points in six games.

I am pretty sure Cousins was drafted in the 3rd round with a pick we got from CBJ... We got a 2nd round pick plus Simmer and Schenn for Richie, and I am pretty sure Homer gave that pick away to someone else.

I stand corrected. I think that second rounder from LA turned into Nick Grossman.

I stand corrected. I think that second rounder from LA turned into Nick Grossman.

Good memory! You are absolutely right...

Per nhl.com's report of the trade:

Going to the Stars are a second-round pick in 2012 that the Flyers acquired from the Los Angeles Kings in last summer's Mike Richards deal and a third-round pick in 2013 that they got from Minnesota for Darroll Powe last June.

Not a bad use of a 2nd rounder on this occasion IMO.

Good memory! You are absolutely right...

Per nhl.com's report of the trade:

Going to the Stars are a second-round pick in 2012 that the Flyers acquired from the Los Angeles Kings in last summer's Mike Richards deal and a third-round pick in 2013 that they got from Minnesota for Darroll Powe last June.

Not a bad use of a 2nd rounder on this occasion IMO.

Agreed. Nice job Homer.