Droolin' for Drouin

@fishbulb

I think MacKinnon makes the NHL quicker, if that's what you mean. I think Drouin will end up being every bit as good, or even better.

While I do feel he'd settle in quicker, (Mackinnon), I just see a lot of those moves Drouin relies on not working at the NHL level. So many of those junior d-men were fishing for the puck instead of putting him on his butt. A couple of times I saw drouin cutting across the goal mouth and I just pictured most NHL dmen decapitating him.

@fishbulb

I'd compare Drouins hands to Kanes, without the douchiness. He can snipe too. MacKinnon is like a poor mans Toews. I'm not saying those are identical comparisons, just kind of what each player brings.

Drouin finds openings. He'll find them in the NHL. He just won't make as many players look stupid.

Edited by flyercanuck

I don't know to much about the draft this year. I learn more as we get closer so I will take your guys word for it. Freaking sounds like any pick you make isnt a bad one in this years draft. Even if we don't make any trades before the deadline we still have until the end of june to get some picks for players.

By then guys like Briere will be healthy and Mez who I like alot but is so injury prone will "might be" ready to go. Maybe get a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick fo rboth of them.

Plus trading away our top 5 for maybe around 10th overall to a team that has two 1sts or a 1st a 2nd and more....

With this many options and this deep of a draft I hope Homers still does not find a way to **** it up....

I don't trust Homer! They will find a way to royally screw this up!

You mean besides forgetting Drouin's name?

I can just see it: we end up with the 3rd overall pick and Homer steps up to the podium and says: "The Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select, from Trenton, NJ, Bobby Sanguinetti.

Plus trading away our top 5 for maybe around 10th overall to a team that has two 1sts or a 1st a 2nd and more....

I don't think they'd want to do that. General feeling seems to be there is a bit of a fall-off after the top 5. Some good players but the top 5 seem to be projected to be elite.

You mean besides forgetting Drouin's name?

I can just see it: we end up with the 3rd overall pick and Homer steps up to the podium and says: "The Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select, from Trenton, NJ, Bobby Sanguinetti.

That's just inconceivable.

I really like the excitement about the Flyers being terrible and getting a high draft pick BUT this is the Flyers. They will fck it up some how. The last two times the Flyers had top 5 picks turned out to be absolute failures. JVR and Joni. I appreciate all the enthusiasm about a potential high draft pick but this old dog has pissed on the fire hydrant too many times to expect anything other than a daigle or pavel brendl.

Sorry about that I thought it would be a deep 1st round from what i have heard. Is it more or less you got your top 5 and thats it until the later rounds where the depth of tis years draft comes in? If thats the case I half to look up guys like Mckinnon or Druin but they sound like either ones a great pick, Holmgren will find a way to fcuk it up though....What do you guys think about trading our 1st for the defensemen for the Capitals the guys name is Eminger???

Edited by Philly29