Would anyone here trade Couturier for Ryan OReilly

pensuck

Worth the thought, but no I don't. Not until or unless we get a defense capable of doing anything without heavy center help. I still think the majority of our problem is at the blue line and that it is negatively effecting the forward lines. Fix the defense and the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 1

I'd like to see what Couts can do in his next season before contemplating trades. Give him the chance to get through this sophomore slump and then see where he stands. At the end of that third season, if it's another miserable one, then start putting out the feelers. At this point, the Flyers have to do something. I'm all for keeping our young core of forwards together - at least I was before the start of this season, but man has it been miserable. I'm beginning to think about changing my thinking -- and looking for something to bring in help on defense. If that costs us one of our young, really good, or potentially really good forwards, at this point, I'm leaning towards letting one.....but just one.......go. If I was GM. But then if I was GM, the Flyers would be 2-10-1, or something worse. Ha.

Edited by OH1FlyersFan

I think this team is intentionally tanking to get Seth Jones! Did you see Timonen get turned around on that first Habs goal? No way he's losing a step... he's a #1 d-man on any team. I don't care what the plus/minus is he's clearly not to blame for that goal. OR the turnover against the Devils in the last game either! :ph34r:

He's only 22, he had 18 goals and 37 assists last year. He wants btwn 4&5 mil a year. I know Sean is a non touchable player but we need offense and this kid is young too. Just a thought.

No. Would you trade Couturier for JVR? Because JVR had 21 goals at age 21. There is no single player that's going to solve the Flyers problems because right now this team is hot freaking mess. They will get some more offense when they get Hartnell and Meszaros back, but they will still be playing a disorganized, undisciplined brand of hockey. Couturier has tremendous potential and making a panic move by trading him at this point would be a big mistake.

I think this team is intentionally tanking to get Seth Jones! Did you see Timonen get turned around on that first Habs goal? No way he's losing a step... he's a #1 d-man on any team. I don't care what the plus/minus is he's clearly not to blame for that goal. OR the turnover against the Devils in the last game either! :ph34r:

One can only hope...

• Like 1

"the next patrice bergeron"?????? couturier doesn't have the speed or explosiveness for that to happen. not to mention, couturier is not physical and gets pushed around all over the ice.

meanwhile o'reilly is only 2 years older and has much more potential.

"the next patrice bergeron"?????? couturier doesn't have the speed or explosiveness for that to happen. not to mention, couturier is not physical and gets pushed around all over the ice.

meanwhile o'reilly is only 2 years older and has much more potential.

So Cooter will do nothing to improve on ice or physically grow in those two years? Why not Iginla then? I mean he's only like fifteen years older and scored a bazillion goals.

View Postpensuck, on Feb 16, 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Only the '83-'84 pens ADMITTEDLY tanked on purpose to gain draft positioning, whereas the early 2000s Pens teams didn't admit to it. Wrong side of the mason/dixon line. Oops, I meant wrong side of the state Commonwealth..

There... all fixed...

There, all fixed and accurate.

Even once is WRONG, quit being so proud of it.

I don't want to see any trades unless they are selling Briere at the deadline for a king's ransom thanks to his playoff production. Maybe move Kimmo if the price is right?

You have a young team. Maybe selling is the best way to go. I just don't want to see a panic move trade. Also, I don't want to see them fire Lavvy mid-season, however I think this team could use a little more actual coaching than just someone telling them to play with some more ******* jam.

There, all fixed and accurate.

Even once is WRONG, quit being so proud of it.

Are you really going to lose this argument again?? Yes they out-tanked the Devils the last eight games or so for Lemieux. Nobody said I was proud of that.

But once again I challenge you to show how they ever did so again. You have failed to do so yet. It's put up or shut up time... I'll look for a reply in the topic about Pens tanking... Won't expect anything worth reading though... *starts the timer*

Edited by Polaris922

Maybe move Kimmo if the price is right?

they just re-signed Timo for a whopping 6 mil. he aint going anywhere.

briere is an interesting trade chip, though. he might have some value.

while briere is a great teammate, he is too small and his play has dropped off precipitously.

• Like 1

God only knows what possible reason our brilliant GM had when doing so.

gomer is really terrible at his job. timo is my favorite player - his effort is still inspirational - but it pains me to watch him nowadays. he has lost way more than a step.

• Like 1

they just re-signed Timo for a whopping 6 mil. he aint going anywhere.

briere is an interesting trade chip, though. he might have some value.

while briere is a great teammate, he is too small and his play has dropped off precipitously.

Both guys still have value though. They could be moved.