Schenn Brothers

Guest murraycraven

After watching last season play out and then watching the first couple of games this season I always come back to the Schenn brothers. More specifically - B Schenn. If we were to call the Richards and Carter trade a success B Schenn needs to turn into a top tier player in my mind. Luke is going to be a #3/#4 dman at best in my eyes and honestly do not expect all that much from him. It is nice to have a d-man that will hit but that is all I expect out of him as his skating is mediocre at best.

My real question is B Schenn... is this kid going to turn into a top line player? I know that I am asking everyone to look into a crystal ball here but what are your thoughts on this kid? I see flashes of play that make me hopeful but in all honesty I just dont see him being anything speacial. A good player? yes... special? No...

I was all for the Richards/Carter trade but not so sure right now... Does B Schenn now become the trade-chip or a dman?

Does B Schenn now become the trade-chip or a dman?

Good lord, are things that bad on the back end that we have to take a blue chip power forward prospect and convert him into a D-man?

(ust kidding Murray, I knew you meant for)

I say no, we need to be patient with him. I still think he'll figure it out. Hell JVR scored 2 goals last night in a Leafs jersey so....

Good lord, are things that bad on the back end that we have to take a blue chip power forward prospect and convert him into a D-man?

(ust kidding Murray, I knew you meant for)

I say no, we need to be patient with him. I still think he'll figure it out. Hell JVR scored 2 goals last night in a Leafs jersey so....

Yes... trade for a dman...

I guess I have the same q as Bak... how long do we give him?

@Bakanekimiwa

i say we give hm more than half of last year and 3 games this year.

Some guys don't pan out, I don't see him as one of those guys, the effort is there, he has talent, i haven't seen a game this year but last year i never saw him take a shift of and disappear the way JVR would. I say let him develop, the consensus is this team is a long shot to advance very far in the tournament, so let him play some and see what he's got.

i'm not in a hurry to bring PK Subban to this team. if Homer makes a move it needs to be a big move for a guy that you know is the guy , not trading a young player with potential for different but slightly older one .

• Like 1

right? i mean.. simmonds is a great player, but we need schenn to become a top player. otherwise, this deal is not looking great. how much time do we give him? at this moment... i kinda wish we had carter and richards back. i know... blasphemy!

Is Mike Richards really a top player? I mean he is a great player to have don't get me wrong I loved Richie but he's at best a borderline all star. Plus without moving Richards and Carter, Giroux likely doesn't blossom into the player he has become. I still think we made out pretty good on the deal right now because essentially the Richards and Carter trade netted us Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek, and Couturier. Would you rather have Richards and Carter over those four?

right? i mean.. simmonds is a great player, but we need schenn to become a top player. otherwise, this deal is not looking great. how much time do we give him? at this moment... i kinda wish we had carter and richards back. i know... blasphemy!

I will never wish to have high & wide back. Richards on the other hand, I didn't agree with that trade but I'm not the GM.

I believe Schenn will be as big of impact player as Richards was. (Remember "The Shift" ?)

60-75 points per season during his peak.

• Like 1

Give him three seasons in Philly. The old saying goes power forwards take a long time to develop exists for a reason. B Schenn puts in effort, and that is encouraging.

mojo, wtf. Not one game? They've all been nationally aired...

Is Mike Richards really a top player? I mean he is a great player to have don't get me wrong I loved Richie but he's at best a borderline all star. Plus without moving Richards and Carter, Giroux likely doesn't blossom into the player he has become. I still think we made out pretty good on the deal right now because essentially the Richards and Carter trade netted us Schenn, Simmonds, Voracek, and Couturier. Would you rather have Richards and Carter over those four?

all great points... I do think Schenn can be a top line guy but my fear is that Homer panics and trades him. The only one out of this list that drives me insance in Voracek. The kid has so much talent but it is time for him to step up IMO... Still wonder why he is on the PP too as he is a turnover machine...

I do think Schenn can be a top line guy

Agreed, just not maybe wing. It looked like he was comfortable on the wing at the end of last year, not so much so far in 3 games. I think a guy like Schenn, with his kind of game (physical but highly skilled) ultimately excels at center where you have a better chance at dictating the play.

• Like 1

mojo, wtf. Not one game? They've all been nationally aired...

Went to the AHL outdoor games on Saturday (alumni) and Sunday, worked late covering an event Tuesday.

the schedule gods hate me.

not so sure i want to watch these guys struggle against the Rangers tonight either . at least i'll have the opportunity though. :D

The only one out of this list that drives me insance in Voracek. The kid has so much talent but it is time for him to step up IMO...

i've read that Voras is out of shape from playing in Russia , living at home eating ma's cooking and pounding the Poutniks. maybe when he's worked the fat off his game gets back to where it was last year ?

@doom88

the Bears Pens games were fun, Hershey lost both games but the AHL game went to OT it was a fun.

• Like 1

@murraycraven

MC- man you gotta have a little more patience. Nobody is playing well for the Flyers right now. It'll come around, but focussing on a 21 year old kid when there are veterans on the team who are playing like crap is crazy. Schenn will end up being a very good player. I just hope it's with the Flyers.

• Like 1

@murraycraven

MC- man you gotta have a little more patience. Nobody is playing well for the Flyers right now. It'll come around, but focussing on a 21 year old kid when there are veterans on the team who are playing like crap is crazy. Schenn will end up being a very good player. I just hope it's with the Flyers.

fc - I have patience but just wanted people's thoughts on B Schenn. I like the kid and do not want to trade him honestly... I just Homer does not get impatient and panic or a d-man. Believe me... I am all for Schenn staying!!

• Like 1

I see Braydon developing into a 30-35 goal guy who brings a rare mix of grit and scoring. He will make the team much tougher to play against...the kind of guy you want playing in the dying seconds of a one goal game. If they do trade him, they better get some great value for him.

• Like 1

I see Braydon developing into a 30-35 goal guy who brings a rare mix of grit and scoring. He will make the team much tougher to play against...the kind of guy you want playing in the dying seconds of a one goal game. If they do trade him, they better get some great value for him.

I hear the Phantoms are having some trouble with scoring. What's Chicago got in the way of a top-AHLer with no NHL potential?

:ph34r:

My real question is B Schenn... is this kid going to turn into a top line player?

1.2 ppg at the ahl level tells me yes. I would also say that the Richards trade was this:

1) Schenn

2) Simmonds

3) Grossman (the second we sent to dallas was via the Richards deal).

I would do that trade every day of the week and twice on sunday.

@Vanflyer We ripped them off, but Mike was part of the big Cup run, so unless we win a cup with those 3, we lose, at least the way I see it. The only thing LA needed was a solid 2nd line center who could take the heat of Kopitar....and that role is really what Mike is suited for, so it worked out for the Kings as a team and Mike as an individual. Still love our return though.....

The only thing LA needed was a solid 2nd line center who could take the heat of Kopitar....and that role is really what Mike is suited for, so it worked out for the Kings as a team and Mike as an individual.

Interesting to see with Kopitar out thus far, Mike and frosty aren't doing squat. What is the deal with LA and scoring goals in the regular season. 3 games and only 4 goals forced (while giving up 10).