Game #2: Flyers vs Sabres Sunday 1/20/13 12:30 pm

pilldoc

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do the Flyers rebound and win vs. the Sabres?

• Yes
    • No

So do the Flyers come back and win vs. the Sabres? With a shorten season, cannot start the season with any type of losing streak.

With only 7 days of pre-season/camp this is going to be a test to see how the respond to back to back games and getting their legs back.

I fear that being made to play 2 games in less than 24 hours w/travel is way to much to ask. Living in WNY I know the Sabres fans are foaming at the mouth for tomorrows game. Hoping the Sabres and their troll fans are over confident and the boys in Orange can steal 2 points tomorrow, but I fear the worst.

Did the NHLPA waive the 24 hour rule with the new CBA?

I fear that being made to play 2 games in less than 24 hours w/travel is way to much to ask.

You are joking right?? The season just started. If they can not handle two games in less than 24 hours and an hour charter plane ride, then they should not be making the millions that they do.

• Like 2

You are joking right?? The season just started. If they can not handle two games in less than 24 hours and an hour charter plane ride, then they should not be making the millions that they do.

Yep.. I agree. Fans make to much of this stuff. Every team is dealing with the same issues. Some things are different, but in the end its 48 games for everyone. They need to get it in gear an play

• Like 1

The chances the Flyers win the cup this year are no better than any other year.

It's a tryout for Bryz and everyone else this year.

Each goal Bryz gives up the question should be "Could Quick, Lundquivst, Miller or Fluery could have saved that?"

Buffalo's first goal he could have had I think.

Howdy:

There is effort but the Flyers look a lot less than the sum of their parts. The O and B have skill but puck movement in the attack zone is strange. Bryz's performance is hot and cold but I wouldn't fault him for losses. We may be getting an inkling regarding defense--does it have speed to keep up with skill players? We are killed on face-offs, a continuation of last year. Vanek kills us. Year-after-year. We had a lead today a blew it. Not good.

Best,

Howie

• Like 1

Well, it's probably too early, or not. But looks like it's a bad Flyers team and it's going to be one frustrating season. Not that it should really come as a surprise. The defense is bad and the goalie is even worse. I really think the best we, fans, can do is just curb the expectations and save some heartache.

• Like 1

The chances the Flyers win the cup this year are no better than any other year.

Each goal Bryz gives up the question should be "Could Quick, Lundquivst, Miller or Fluery could have saved that?"

Buffalo's first goal he could have had I think.

I dont see how you can evaluate someone by this type of standard.... will you also scrutinize every goal wondering if Malkin, Ovechkin or Stamkos could have scored it?

I thought the Flyers looked good today and especially int he second period. Near the end however, they looked gassed and ended up losing. I don't blame anyone and I am vertainly not looking for an empty cliff. They battled all the way, and even looked good swirling into the zone. The ref did blow the whistele early but I am sure he will say he lost sight of the puck. It happens.

I think they need some more conditioning and they will be fine. I can't say Im happy to see John Scott in Buffalo

I like the idea of looking at this as a tryout season. We still have a lot of very young guys on the team. A short 48 game season is a good proving ground for them. Get a handle on the goalie situation, get a better feel for the defense and what we need to do there. The offense is fine, in my opinion, they just need time and experience - which they'll get this season. I'm lowering expectations dramatically, but I'm hopeful that this season can be useful for the development of the team and then next season --- raising the expectations exponentially.

• Like 1

Laughtons try out is going well. While we all wanted Matta, it is hard to argue the flyers scouting in getting another rookie about to jump right to the bigs out of draft.

• Like 1

First and third goals would have been stopped by a money goalie

I am not a breezy defender by any means, but please list all the "money" goalies that would have won us either of the games. Seriously. The SC winning goalie got shellacked last night. The next coming of Brodeur (Schneider) got shellacked last night. What you want is for your goalie to give you a chance. Breezy did that in both games.

I like the idea of looking at this as a tryout season. We still have a lot of very young guys on the team. A short 48 game season is a good proving ground for them. Get a handle on the goalie situation, get a better feel for the defense and what we need to do there. The offense is fine, in my opinion, they just need time and experience - which they'll get this season. I'm lowering expectations dramatically, but I'm hopeful that this season can be useful for the development of the team and then next season --- raising the expectations exponentially.

Yes, and I think that is just what everyone needs to do. Evaluate Bryz. See how G does first season as C. Look at some of the older players. Really evaluate the youth. Sit back. Take note.

It's only been 2 games ... I'm not lowering anything

Breezy did not lose us either of these games. I actually think he has been solid in both games.

But that's been sort of my point - and many others - since we signed Bryz. He won't *lose* many games on his own. Well, against the Pens last spring he tried to, and the Flyers won almost in spite of that, but that's a different story. He just doesn't come up huge when his team needs him the most. I don't think we can even argue that he continues coming up very small in that department. And that would be OK if your goalie is someone of Craig Anderson's or Mike Smith's caliber. But Bryz wanted to get paid like an elite goalie and the Flyers gave him that kind of money. He disappointed last season and he seems to be pretty much set with continuing disappointing.

• Like 1

If he continues to disappoint, I am fairly confident he will be bought out. I think we are whipping a dead horse. The Flyers will go with him this season and let the chips fall. What he has done up to this point, why it happened, or how much he gets paid is irrelevant. He either plays up to level he was paid for, or he will be shopping for a new home