Bryzgalov's & Parent's Masks for the Winter Classic

Guest killjoysfly

Way cool Masks.....I wonder if Bryz will let Bob wear it for the winter classic.........

Really. Maybe these same guys design a unique tuque or could paint something on a bag that he can wear on his head while he's warming the bench.

Would be funny if Bryz plays himself to the bench and Bob gets the start. I can only hope.

You can only hope that the Flyers' major goalie acquisition crashes and burns into a nine year total disaster in the first half season of the deal?

I kinda hope he gets it together and plays better consistently, myself...

YMMV

:ph34r:

Bryz is supposed to have a sense of humor....someone should send him a mask that looks like a paper bag and he could call himself the unknown goalie....

@radoran I am with you on wanting him to play up to his contract but I also feel justified in prodding him a little bit too......

@radoran I am with you on wanting him to play up to his contract but I also feel justified in prodding him a little bit too......

Prod away - I prod when needed.

But when a goalie goes out and puts up 1.95/.926 and the game-tying goal is a behind the line deflection of a pass off two own-skates - I'll just opine is NOT the time to do it...

You can only hope that the Flyers' major goalie acquisition crashes and burns into a nine year total disaster in the first half season of the deal?

I kinda hope he gets it together and plays better consistently, myself...

YMMV

:ph34r:

Yes so they can buy him out on the next CBA if there is one. I rather see Bob play and develope, let Bryz rot on the bench.

Yes so they can buy him out on the next CBA if there is one. I rather see Bob play and develope, let Bryz rot on the bench.

I would be surprised if there is another "free buyout" provision in a new CBA. Not completely shocked, but surprised.

Even then, I'm not sure that Comcast puts out $45M for absolutely nothing in that circumstance, but it's good to dream.

A regular buyout would be an almost $3M cap hit - for the next 16 years.

I'll stick with hoping he plays to the level expected and if some bolt from the blue appears to change everything, I won't mind at all.

@radoran

I and everyone would fine with him in net if he somehow miraculously turns the rest of the season around. I thought he was brought in to make our defense and team better but if he needs the defense to make him look better, we are in the same sh!t hole in goal just like seasons past. It makes it worst with his cap hit that we might have to lose Bob in a few years as there's no way they can afford those 2 guys. I don't expect him to be perfect even with the injuries we've had on d so far, but his play level hasn't been where it's expected to be before all the injuries to the d. We wouldn't have a winning record if the team was not leading the NHL in goals scored, so that kinda mask up his play since people are ok with wins. But to expect the team to continue to score 4-5 goals a night to win for the rest of the season, I don't think they can but I can be wrong. I really do hope there will be a ""free buyout" provision in a new CBA like you said, it would give us great options to free some cap room for the idiotic work this management has done so far.