Flyers Prospects on Team Canada Junior

Guest touche22

Oh Wait. There are none...

What the.......how am i supposed to enjoy this tourney if i cant cheer on prospects.

On a serious note, of the 30-40 players invited to camp there isn't a single flyers prospect. This is pretty bad, no?

There was talk of Scott Laughton picking up a 4th line spot but I guess that never materialized. It is kind of a shame they can't have more than one team. There are so many talented kids that get overlooked. On the bright side, it should make him push himself harder to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Oh Wait. There are none...

What the.......how am i supposed to enjoy this tourney if i cant cheer on prospects.

On a serious note, of the 30-40 players invited to camp there isn't a single flyers prospect. This is pretty bad, no?

Couturier is a month too old or he'd be on it. Laughton likely would have had a good shot at it if he hadn't been suspended for 10 games. Cousins could very well be there too if he'd kept his nose clean.

Isn't Gostibehere on Team US?

Isn't Gostibehere on Team US?

Right. I've heard his name mentioned as being on it. His play certainly suggests he's earned it.

I think the US is announcing their "Preliminary Roster" in 30 min (that's 45 min for you Newfies out there)

EDIT: he's on the list, just released: http://usahockey.cachefly.net/Media/WJC/2013/2013_WJC_PreliminaryRoster.pdf

Edited by Podein25

Canada better watch out!!! US has a kid from California and 2 kids from Texas on the roster!! Hockey hotbeds!!

The joke is still funny @AlaskaFlyerFan, but it's getting less and less true. It goes without saying that elite hockey players will always mostly come from cold weather climes (the best from Canada, of course :) ), but geography matters less and less. If guys in California can find ways to spend time with a puck, they can be good.

“I think fans can be excited, yeah,” Laperriere said. “He’s not the physical big guy, but… well… I’m not going to say he’s going to be a Kimmo Timonen, but he has the offensive mindset and the intelligence like Kimmo does. It’s encouraging to see that he has those details in his game already. We hope he improves like we want him to because we think he could develop into a really good player at the next level.”

For more on the Ghost...... see. http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=647490

@flyercanuck I'm off for the Christmas break from Dec 17 to Jan 3rd, so I may alter my sleeping schedule to midnights and go to bed after the games are completed. I have to watch this stuff live, so it might be better to just stay up and watch it unfold, instead of being half asleep and barely awake....ahhh, the joys of having no responiblities and having no kids....ha ha!

@flyercanuck It should be fun to watch Ghost in the upcoming tournament....I'll be glued to the USA games even when Canada is not playing, trying to see how Ghost stacks up against the rest of the world. Could we *finally* have a legit blue chip defensive prospect??

Very early to tell, but here is a great scouting report posted a couple of days ago: http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=647490&cmpid=rss-sanfilippo

@Vanflyer ha ha...was just about to post that article...didn't really reveal much, but any news on Ghost is ok with me these days.

The biggest thing is that it appears that he is progressing. It will be good to see him on the larger stage. Also, last years experience in the frozen four was great for him. I think the biggest thing is that the Flyers potentially could have pulled of a detroit-type diamond in the rough later round pick (yet, I don't want to jinx anything).