Only The Lord Saves More

Guest Irishjim

UNMASKED BOOK RELEASE

We are proud to officially announce the release of Bernie Parent’s new book, Unmasked.

Few athletes in the grand history of Philadelphia sports can boast the career achievements of the Philadelphia Flyers’ Bernie Parent. Fewer still accomplished them with his level of charm, class, and wit.

Only a handful of former athletes can merit a standing ovation from a crowd of 45,000 fans merely by showing their faces; Bernie Parent is one of those men. In Unmasked, Parent traces his life and career from his days backstopping the Broad Street Bullies to his current role as a popular motivational speaker. Featuring rare photos from the archives of the Philadelphia Daily News and the Philadelphia Inquirer and accompanying text from legendary Philadelphia sports columnist Stan Hochman, Unmasked gives hockey fans a never-before-seen glimpse into the life of this Philadelphia icon.

Unmasked, published by Triumph Books LLC., is the long anticipated supplement to Parent’s first book, Journey Through Risk and Fear. Unmasked will be available at Barnes and Noble, Amazon.com, Triumph Books, and through Parent’s personal website. If you would prefer an autographed copy, you can exclusively purchase it through the online store on Bernie Parent’s website. Book tour dates to follow. Get personal with the man behind the mask by ordering your copy of Unmasked from any of the outlets above. And remember, “Only the Lord saves more than Bernie Parent.”

SPECIAL OFFER: BUY THE SET

For $39.95 + $6.00 S/H, you will receive a copy of Unmasked and a copy of Journey Through Risk and Fear. Both books will be AUTOGRAPHED.

bookcover.jpg

@flyerrod I often wonder how well off Bernie is these days. I know he played when there was not much money available. Even the super stars didn't earn million dollar contracts back in the 70's. I hope he is doing ok financially....probably makes a lot signing autographs etc. I plan on buying the book....just to make sure Bernie is ok with the cash flow..the least I could do for someone who made my dreams come true way back when.

@flyerrod I often wonder how well off Bernie is these days. I know he played when there was not much money available. Even the super stars didn't earn million dollar contracts back in the 70's. I hope he is doing ok financially....probably makes a lot signing autographs etc. I plan on buying the book....just to make sure Bernie is ok with the cash flow..the least I could do for someone who made my dreams come true way back when.

Jammer, I'm with you. Bernie will always be my favorite goalie and if buying his book might help him, I'm buying it.