PK SUBBAN: FLYERS AND CANADIENS HAVE CHATTED

Guest Irishjim

BERTRAND RAYMOND

MERCREDI 12 SEPTEMBRE 2012

RDS.CA

347805.jpg?20120912095216

PK Subban said not to worry because he is still without a contract. His agent Don Meehan suggests that things are going normally. Marc Bergevin, he was evasive when asked about the slow pace of negotiations with his 23-year-old quickly became, in the absence of Andrei Markov, the mainstay of its defense. As for Michel Therrien, if he was asking if this bothers funny situation, he would probably reply that it is not within its jurisdiction, thereby avoiding going into details. Therrien is obviously very aware intentions of her boss. I even feel that the opinion of one joins the other in this case. It is quite obvious that all this world we hide things. For example, the Canadian never admit that there have been talks with the Philadelphia Flyers about his controversial defender, a thoroughbred that will always be hard to tame and whose attitude could possibly irritate Therrien . It happened some time after the Flyers had lost the opportunity to add Shea Weber with their training despite a hostile bid as fabulous as ridiculous: 14 years and $ 110 million.The kind of agreement, later equaled by the Nashville Predators, which covers ridiculous Gary Bettman and uncontrollable owners in the current renegotiation of the collective agreement.

The Flyers are still desperately looking for a replacement for Weber. The owner Ed Snider, who will soon be 80 years old, wants to win another Stanley Cup before bowing out. His team has not paraded in downtown Philadelphia with the cup for 37 years. To repeat the feat, his men are aware that hockey piece is missing the blue line. Presumably, the Flyers took the lead in trying to inquire about the status of the Canadiens Subban. Is it available in the event that the offer is interesting enough to shake Staff Montreal? Who knows how things happened between the two teams?Certainly they have chatted. Instead of simply testing the waters of the Canadian side, why the Flyers do not they gone another hostile bid in the case of Subban? Probably because they were convinced that the Canadiens would match any offer the player might receive. Perhaps because there is more respect between the Flyers and the Canadiens between the Flyers and Predators. Can you use a hook-in-leg to an organization with 24 Stanley Cup banners and 54 members of the Hall Fame, like we did a team like Nashville without reputation who is now in a precarious financial situation after choosing to keep his player? Let us return to discussions Canadiens-Flyers. During the interview between Bergevin and his counterpart Paul Holmgren, one of the names mentioned was obviously the young sensation Sean Couturier, the first round pick of the Flyers two years ago, which has shown great things after winning one position 18. It is said that one who most insisted that the name be removed from the Couturier discussion coach Peter Laviolette who sees in his soup. This has not been a problem since Couturier believes that is closely linked to the future of the Flyers. seeking information that another Canadian was not discussed with the Flyers only about Subban has been confirmed . Who knows what is really going on in this strange issue that leaves many confused? Subban Do not touch Aside from his undeniable talent, personality and personal discipline Subban does not probably correspond to those that wish to establish Michel Therrien in its cloakroom. If ever Canadian undertakes long-term, he will certainly make quick maturity by casting the group without trying to do things his way, a behavior that annoys some teammates. those who attended the presence casual Subban to the Antechamber Tuesday night, probably have better understood what kind of gun it is. Constantly smiling, always funny in his facial expressions and his spread, he even slipped a few French words in passing. It has everything to be loved by the public, but he must understand that he can not behave the same way in a locker room. since his return with the team, Therrien has set a goal to put the order in his company by encouraging his players to focus on a single goal: to win without being distracted by various external factors. However, this is a goal that may be difficult to achieve in the case of Subban who, at age 23, has rarely been unanimously with the coaches who led during his career. It is generally recognized as a source of distraction. Whatever the new management team thinks of him, exchange to another organization is an opportunity that does not make sense. Not only because the young defender is a superstar in power and one of the best sellers of the team in terms of marketing, but also because the fragile Andrei Markov is still a collision near the end of a career. Carey Price and Subban are doing business gold Canadian souvenir shops, a statement that does not lie on their degree of popularity. Likewise, it is permissible to ask how training, who finished dead last in the association and which has much to be forgiven among its fans, could logically discuss one of its most loved? But then again, how to be totally sure that when you're in the presence of a new staff leaders whose not yet known working methods and the true intentions and, so far, has already surprised with some of his decisions? If there was not the slightest chance that Subban is traded, how to explain that Bergevin has been listening to an approach Flyers instead of having them answered dryly forget it?

I take it Bertrand does not write for a living...paragrahps make the world such an easier place!! lol, that gave me a headache....and if he can't make a proper paragraph...well, I'm not believing it...lol.

it was in french and i had to translate and thats what you get. sorry for the hard read

Basically, this whole article is about the theory that since the Flyers have some injuries on defense and Subban isn't signed yet, they have "probably" talked.

I don't think Subban is "what the Flyers need" and could be more of a distraction than an upgrade.

I also think Subban feels no rush to sign - since there isn't anything he's missing - and may be waiting until after the CBA is done so he can avoid any reduction to his signed contract.

• Like 3

@Lindbergh31 "The kid has talent but the question is whether he can tone down his attitude and just stick to playing hockey"

I honestly don't think that will ever happen. The kid has a serious personality flaw...he puts his own needs above those of the team...it's all about him...his ego is off the charts.

@Lindbergh31 "The kid has talent but the question is whether he can tone down his attitude and just stick to playing hockey"

I honestly don't think that will ever happen. The kid has a serious personality flaw...he puts his own needs above those of the team...it's all about him...his ego is off the charts.

But some strange things sometimes happen. I never thought that Jagr would literally transform right before our eyes and turn 360 from the way he was his entire career. I could never imagine, even in my dreams, that Jagr of all people would park his ego and become a consommate professional and team player the way he was last season. He completely embraced the role of a mentor for the kids and set an example both in the locker room and on the ice.

If Jagr could do it, why can't PK?

But some strange things sometimes happen. I never thought that Jagr would literally transform right before our eyes and turn 360 from the way he was his entire career. I could never imagine, even in my dreams, that Jagr of all people would park his ego and become a consommate professional and team player the way he was last season. He completely embraced the role of a mentor for the kids and set an example both in the locker room and on the ice.

If Jagr could do it, why can't PK?

I think PK just might - at age 36 looking for a comeback after playing in Russia for three years... :D

@Mad Dog " I could never imagine, even in my dreams, that Jagr of all people would park his ego and become a consommate professional and team player the way he was last season."

I did, and can find the quotes to prove it :)

"If Jagr could do it, why can't PK"

Different personality make ups, different situation. Jagr wanted one more shot at Lord Stanley, was willing to jump through hoops to do it...it was a last ditch effort to win one more time, so he *had* to tow the company line to make this happen (which is why Dallas will be a TRAIN WRECK of a situation this year....story for a different day...but I don't see Jagr making it through the year with the Stars....he will be kicked off the team)

P.K is a young star with a huge ego...he knows he will be playing somewhere and making big bucks no matter how he acts. He does not have to behave...he's a valued commmodity whose play will only get better. He's in the top 5% of skaters in the league, on top of his stickhandling and shot....that's a BIG value for any team. Plus (and here is the big one) Jagr is older and wiser, he can clearly see how his tirades were counter-productive...P.K (I believe) does not even know he's doing anything wrong...he's just being his normal jerk self and blaming all the problems on everyone else....sure he could change, but over time...when he finally figures out *he's at fault*...that will not happen anytime soon.