Report: Pronger set for tests, no skating, next week

Guest Irishjim

Philadelphia Flyers captain Chris Pronger, who missed most of last season because of post-concussion syndrome, will reportedly visit the team's training facility in Voorhees, N.J., next week for some testing.

Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren told the Philadelphia Inquirer that the 37-year-old defenseman would not take the ice, however. According to Holmgren, Pronger, who hasn't played since last November, is still experiencing headaches.

In addition to post-concussion syndrome, Pronger also missed six games last season with an eye injury, and also underwent left knee surgery in November 2011.

Pronger had a goal and 11 assists in 13 games in 2011-12. He has 157 goals and 541 assists in 1,167 career regular-season games spanning 18 seasons with Hartford, St. Louis, Edmonton, Anaheim and Philadelphia.

Pronger led the Anaheim Ducks to the 2007 Stanley Cup and won Olympic gold medals with Canada in 2002 and 2010. He inked a seven-year contract with Philadelphia in 2009.

probably one of the steps in the process required to go on the LTIR

I am pretty sure he will still be receiving paychecks( the same as Lilja who is recovering from an injury) even if there is a lockout.This is just a formality to keep the checks coming in.

I am pretty sure he will still be receiving paychecks( the same as Lilja who is recovering from an injury) even if there is a lockout.This is just a formality to keep the checks coming in.

Really? Why would he get paid and others not? Seems to me he's still an NHL player, albeit an injured one, and would be locked out just like everyone else. Could be wrong though..

Really? Why would he get paid and others not? Seems to me he's still an NHL player, albeit an injured one, and would be locked out just like everyone else. Could be wrong though..

Probably a question worth asking one of the lawyer types we have on here. I am trying to remember where I read the part about Lilja getting paid for working out to recover from injury.