Neuvirth... wow!

Guest JackStraw

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capitals-insider/post/michal-neuvirth-alex-ovechkin-isnt-what-he-used-to-be/2012/08/21/9aebc9d2-eb95-11e1-a80b-9f898562d010_blog.html

Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin “isn’t what he used to be,” teammate Michal Neuvirth says in a surprisingly candid interview that also touches on the goalie competition, new Coach Adam Oates and more.

“He isn’t what he used to be, that’s for sure,” the Czech netminder

told iSportz.cz, as translated by Russian Machine Never Breaks. “And if a team like ours wants to have a chance in Stanley Cup, we need Ovi to be the best.”

Neuvirth didn't stop there, discussing ex-teammate Alexander Semin — “He didn’t have the best work ethic” — and Oates’s hiring — it’s good “because it means Dale Hunter isn’t staying.”

No, please, tell us how you really feel. Hurry over to

RMNB for the full interview.

YIPES.

Double wow. Apparently this was round 2. Round 1:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2012/08/20/michal-neuvirth-i-advised-vokoun-to-go-to-the-penguins-holtby-is-my-weakest-competition-yet/

Capitals goalie Michal Neuvirth spoke to the Czech website iSport.Cz on Monday, and boy oh boy did he have some fascinating opinions to share. Talking with František Suchan, Neuvirth departed from the meek personality he’s cultivated since joining the Capitals in ’08-’09 and spoke with remarkable candor about a wide range of topics. We’d like to direct your attention to his quotes on the goalie situation in D.C.— both last season and in the future. Neuvy says he considersBraden Holtby his “weakest competition” since he’s been in D.C., expresses his frustration over always being the “bridesmaid” in net, and admits that he urged Tomas Vokoun to sign with the Pittsburgh Penguins

I wouldn't have thought it possible that someone could make Bryz look almost normal.

Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin “isn’t what he used to be,” teammate Michal Neuvirth says in a surprisingly candid interview that also touches on the goalie competition, new Coach Adam Oates and more.

“He isn’t what he used to be, that’s for sure,”

lol, ouch.

Edited by Penguins-66

@Polaris922 Really, the first Bush was WAY worse than the last Bush in my mind...."thousand points of light"....he was endless fodder for SNL! I actually questioned if he was all there!

I was fortunate enough to meet him and work security for his wife during Desert Shield. Great people. Very accomplished in fact.

Bush I was likely the last of the classic, Northeastern Republican - fiscally conservative and socially (more) accepting - that are going to be seen.

Bush II was the biggest diasaster the country had seen since Hoover - if not beyond.

Bush I was likely the last of the classic, Northeastern Republican - fiscally conservative and socially (more) accepting - that are going to be seen.

Bush II was the biggest diasaster the country had seen since Hoover - if not beyond.

Until Obama... ;) lol

I was a big george hw bush fan

thought his son was a lot of bluster and not detail oriented enough to manage his team i thought he was a poor president.

wish too that obama would have been better, especially the first 2 years, he really missed his opportunity with the ACA by leaving the creation of it in the hands of the congressional leadership. what a waste.