Is Ryan going to be a Flyer?

I'd put Couturier, then Rad, then Schenn in my order of importance.

I think Schenn's a little better than me. :ph34r:

I like Read for $900K over Schenn for $3.1M (including bonuses). I do think Schenn has more longterm upside.

I like Read for $900K over Schenn for $3.1M (including bonuses). I do think Schenn has more longterm upside.

Holy crap. This is the first I noticed. Who gave Schenn $3.1M???

I think people in Philly will end up liking Schenn a bit more because he hits and plays with an edge--when healthy. Let's face it, for most people, Tocchett was more popular than Sinasalo. (Not comparing either player in terms of actual talent).

It's been so long since I've seen honest to God speed on this team that I just enjoy the hell out of Read and Wellwood.

I think Couturier, then a pickem between Read and Schenn (depending upon the style of game being played, etc.). Personally, I like both but for versatility, speed, and bargain, I go with Read for now.

Agree with all of you that Schenn will most likely surpass Read... But right now Read's speed had a huge impact for you, and he really played well. Better than Schenn SO FAR in my eyes. And Read will grow some yet too.

Lace 'em up Rad let's find out! Lol. Strange typo there huh?

Holy crap. This is the first I noticed. Who gave Schenn $3.1M???

He's got like a $2.2M bonus possibility, so that's his cap number pending the new CBA.

The bonuses are ridiculously hard for him to achieve.

If homer wouldn't trade them for Weber, he certainly isn't going to do so for Ryan.

But we could really use Ryan on that top line with Giroux. He'd be a great fit.

Agree on both points.

As an aside, what was the offer that Homer made to Nashville for a trade? I am still trying to catch up. Computerless for 9 days and 5 of those were with a horrible flu (always comes with the typhoons- don't understand why, but you should see the entire community line up at the drug store after the first typhoon hits).

Well that's just the thing. It would depend on the cost. But, we still do need another winger, assuming Doan signs somewhere else.

We do, but I am not in any hurry and obviously Homer is not either in regards to losing to get (or else Weber would be a Flyer). I know I sound like a cheer leader, but Perry is the guy I target NEXT year. You have Voracek, Read and Simmonds as your RW core now. Giroux, Couturier and Schenn as your centers.

I just let it ride this year. This (again) will not be a stanley cup year. But it will be a tell tale year in three areas:

1) Is the d same, better or worse?

2) Can the young kids take the next step (particularly Schenn, Jake and Couturier, d-Schenn and MAB / Gustafson / Manning?

3) Will the real Bryzgalov show up and is it Mr. Jeckyl or Mr. Hyde?

• Like 1

We do, but I am not in any hurry and obviously Homer is not either in regards to losing to get (or else Weber would be a Flyer). I know I sound like a cheer leader, but Perry is the guy I target NEXT year. You have Voracek, Read and Simmonds as your RW core now. Giroux, Couturier and Schenn as your centers.

I just let it ride this year. This (again) will not be a stanley cup year. But it will be a tell tale year in three areas:

2) Can the young kids take the next step (particularly Schenn, Jake and Couturier, d-Schenn and MAB / Gustafson / Manning?

Vanlyer:

Hope you are feeling better. As well as your entire village.

Your 3 points nailed it. It is not going to be a Stanley Cup year. It will be a year of measurement. My gut tells me that at least one of the three areas you mention unfortunately will need help, so I expect Holmgren to go back in the water strong next summer when the available FA's and UFA's is restocked. I also expect hopefully some nice surprises.

BOI

Sorry, my mistake on the typo Vanflyer!

lets look at JVR- he never whined about it at all and he also had signed a similar contract to Ryans.

Ryan's worth compared to JVR's are not even in the same state much less same league. Granted JVR was a victim of injuries and a poor medical staff for the flyers but to this point in time, JVR could not even carry Bobby Ryan's jockstrap.........If JVR manages to get healthy, play first line minutes, play on the first PP, well, then he will have a chance to prove himself. I personally don't think JVR has the heart to do it but I could be wrong.....

• Like 1

Ryan's worth compared to JVR's are not even in the same state much less same league. Granted JVR was a victim of injuries and a poor medical staff for the flyers but to this point in time, JVR could not even carry Bobby Ryan's jockstrap.........If JVR manages to get healthy, play first line minutes, play on the first PP, well, then he will have a chance to prove himself. I personally don't think JVR has the heart to do it but I could be wrong.....

This. Not only does he have the heart, he doesn't have the attention span.

I think you missed my point. My point had nothing to do with value / skill- it had to do with character. You could supplant JVR for a number of players that were on the trade block (Weber, Suter, Parise, Nash- etc.). None of them came out and said I am tired of hearing about all these trade rumors. To me it was unprofessional. Here is a guy making 5.1M dollars are year whining about hearing trade rumors.

He is not a kid anymore. He has been in the league for 5 years. If this is his character (to whine like a little kid), then I don't want him on my team- regardless of his skill.

Perry is the guy I want from Anaheim anyway.

Twice the player that Ryan is and a UFA ( we do not lose any assets).

-- Not even close Van... Perry any day of the week over Ryan.

Yeah, I really like him as well. I wonder what it would take to sign him next summer. He will have to get paid and it should be significant (parise range). I guess it comes down to how much he likes it in Anaheim. If Anaheim under-performs the way they did for the first half of last year, I could see him easily on the move. He would look great in O&B along side of Giroux.

• Like 1

Every potential trade partner is going to want:

Cooter, Schenn, Jake, Marc Andre, or Read.

We already dumped JVR and missed out on resigning Jagr.

Personally, I'm not really willing to part with any of them for the likes of Bobby Ryan.

This team needed to get Weber. But it probably bankrupted Nashville's franchise in the process, so it's not a total loss.

Trades that involve anything more than picks will only damage this team further... unless you're trading Schenn for Stamkos, then we can talk.

Ryan's got three more years on his deal.

Perry and Getzlaf are up after this season for Anaheim.

True. I forgot that I took a right turn on this thread to bring Perry into the discussion and thought that is what KingKnut was commenting on.

True. I forgot that I took a right turn on this thread to bring Perry into the discussion and thought that is what KingKnut was commenting on.

I gotta believe Anaheim steps up for Perry and Getzlaf. They are getting almost $8M in open space when Selanne and Koivu retire (likely end of this year).

• Like 2

Vanlyer:

Hope you are feeling better. As well as your entire village.

Your 3 points nailed it. It is not going to be a Stanley Cup year. It will be a year of measurement. My gut tells me that at least one of the three areas you mention unfortunately will need help, so I expect Holmgren to go back in the water strong next summer when the available FA's and UFA's is restocked. I also expect hopefully some nice surprises.

BOI

I don't think you can expect surprises....otherwise they wouldn't be surprises. :rolleyes:

@radoran Either stepping up and signing them long term, or trading them both for huge assets to help a re-build. Neither one has a NMC or NTC that would block a deal. The only thing I can't see happening is letting them walk for nothing, as most here seem to anticipate happening.

• Like 1