What should/will EDM do with their #1 Pick?

Guest Podein25

6 members have voted

1. 1. Should EDM Trade Down the #1 Pick to Grab a D-man?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Will EDM Trade Down the #1 Pick to Grab a D-man?

• Yes
    • No

Gagner, Eberle, **Hall, **Hopkins, **Yakupov

C'mon man, Pittsburgh did it with two rigged lotteries, if Edmonton can't do it with three then they just need start trading these gifts from Bettman.

@flyercanuck

This is true FC, in fact there should be a star next to both their names on the NHL draft class.

I am reading that Murray should go #2. If they trade down to Columbus (knowing that they love to draft Russian offensive talent), what would that get them in return? The #2 and a prospect?

If Edmonton takes Murray #1 overall, then Yakupov is absolutely going to Columbus. I can see Nash becoming more expendable at that point. NYR expendable to collect the finishing touches to Columbus' squad.

Edited by Bertmega

@Bertmega

I don't think it is certain that Murray would go #2 to CBJ. If EDM traded with MTL to move to #3, they could still take Rheinhart of Dumba at #3 and be happy with that choice of D-man. The guy I like in the top group is actually Glachenyuk, who sat out most of the year with a knee injury. A Russian-turned-American citizen who is a winner IMO. I saw an interview with him and he's the guy I would take.

@Podein25

That is good logic with Montreal, and from what I am reading they are pretty high up on Yakupov. In any case, I have to get up to speed on the names you mentioned. I cannot wait to see what happens.

Friday night is blocked off from all house and work duties.

@flyercanuck

This could be interesting to say the least. I am still trying to figure out who Holmgren trades the #20 to.... my mind would be at ease if he does stick to the plan and draft a defender.

I can't recall a draft in many years that was this heavy on defensive prospects.

@Podein25

That is good logic with Montreal, and from what I am reading they are pretty high up on Yakupov. In any case, I have to get up to speed on the names you mentioned. I cannot wait to see what happens.

Friday night is blocked off from all house and work duties.

@flyercanuck

This could be interesting to say the least. I am still trying to figure out who Holmgren trades the #20 to.... my mind would be at ease if he does stick to the plan and draft a defender.

I can't recall a draft in many years that was this heavy on defensive prospects.

Well, if it comes anywhere near as close as 2008, it'll be a good one. There's definately quantity this year, but the quality will have a tough time matching Doughty, Pietrangelo, Karlsson, Myers, Del Zotto, Bogosian, Schenn, Gardiner, Sbisa, and Carlson from the first round in 08. Thank God we traded our pick for Eminger that year.

• Like 1

they could still take Rheinhart of

Since when has Reinhart moved to #3? I had him at 15-18 most of the year and see him on most panels as 7-12.

That said, I would trade my left nut for Reinhart!! He is the next Weber / Pronger.

Since when has Reinhart moved to #3? I had him at 15-18 most of the year and see him on most panels as 7-12.

That said, I would trade my left nut for Reinhart!! He is the next Weber / Pronger.

If he's the next Weber/Pronger...shouldn't he go first?

If he's the next Weber/Pronger...shouldn't he go first?

Good point and I definitely guilty of extreme exaggeration on potential, but he has all the raw tools (size, skating, ice vision, physical, etc.).

The thing is that he is probably 3-4 years away of having that kind of an impact where the two russians will have quicker impact on their clubs. What do you know about Murray that was drafted number two?