Going to Newark?

Guest sarsippius

Anybody? Come on where's my backup? 2 hour ride from the city, StubHub ya some tix and leave work at 3!

The last time I saw the Flyboys win in North Jersey was.....Hell I'm not even sure when it was anymore. It's so bad my Devil fan buddy calls me the good luck charm....the streak ends tonight!!!

@ Bertmega

Newark is still a hole, but they did clean up the stadium area when they opened it up. It's pretty safe as long as you don't make any wrong turns.....but as WC Fields supposedly said, I'd rather be in Philadelphia

@ Bertmega

Newark is still a hole, but they did clean up the stadium area when they opened it up. It's pretty safe as long as you don't make any wrong turns.....but as WC Fields supposedly said, I'd rather be in Philadelphia

I've worked in Newark for 17+ years... the area around the arena has always been "cleaned up"... the arena makes it that much better. The folks living in the Ironbound section of newark should be proud of themselves for keeping these neighborhoods clean, safe, and continue to open businesses and declicious restaurants found nowhere else in the city.

However... true, if you don't know where you are going, don't stray too far away from the general area...

No worries, guys... it happens all the time and quite justified to the way people think about the city...it does not have a good track record. And for the record, when I commute in and out to work in Newark, its lierally in and out as fast as I can... not stopping to enjoy the "sights" in and around the city! lol

I've worked in Newark for 17+ years... the area around the arena has always been "cleaned up"... the arena makes it that much better. The folks living in the Ironbound section of newark should be proud of themselves for keeping these neighborhoods clean, safe, and continue to open businesses and declicious restaurants found nowhere else in the city.

However... true, if you don't know where you are going, don't stray too far away from the general area...

It's been a while since I lived in the area, I'm guessing Newark sill beats Camden though.

It's been a while since I lived in the area, I'm guessing Newark sill beats Camden though.

Ya know, I've been all over the country and seen it all from coast to coast, but there is NO place on earth worse than some of those streets in Camden, NJ.

Sometimes I think that if I die and end up going to hell, a trap door will open up under me and shoot me down a tube that empties out into a ghetto in Camden, NJ -like in 'Being John Malkovich' or something.

The downtown of Newark is ok, but one can say it just about every large city. But north Jersey in general is just awful. Elizabeth and Jersey City can probably compete with Newark for the honorable title of a "dump" though.