Jake Öttinger extension — 8-yr/$8.25M AAV

Math

As the exact opposite to Swayman, everything went short & sweet - Extension talks hadn't even started last week.

Even if I'm not a fan of lenghty contracts for goalies, it's the logical next step after Öttinger accepted a bridge deal prior to that and make him another face of the franchise.

Now the ball is on Shesterkin's side...

• Like 1

I'm not a fan of overly long contracts either, but in the case of Öttinger, when you have a good one, you keep him, you pay him.

Andrei Vasilevskiy's cap hit on the Lightning is 9.5M, and he is in Year 5 of an 8 year deal....and I thought it was too high and for too long when it was originally signed.
But three Eastern titles and two Cups later, and with Vasy still going strong, I can't see myself wanting anyone else in that net and that money and length for his services were and continue to be well worth it.

Even though the Stars are a Wild rival, I am hoping for the same value for the contract for your team, @Math.
I may not root for the Dallas Stars, but I've always liked Jake as a player!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'm not a fan of overly long contracts either, but in the case of Öttinger, when you have a good one, you keep him, you pay him.

This.

Oettinger is worth the money.

Not many are.

.914 is something you pay for.