Game 4: Philadelphia Flyers at Seattle Kraken; 10/17/24 @ 10 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

On 10/16/2024 at 8:01 PM, OccamsRazor said:

:hockey1:

I feel sorry for the kid, if this is the way that Tortorella honestly looks at it. Tony LaRussa used to say that his job as a manager was to put his players in the best position for them to succeed... I get that he's trying to wax the kid's car, but Luchanko's line got their lunch absolutely handed to them, ending up with an Expected Goal% of 21% that night. Allowing an 18-yr old rookie to get hard-matched against a player who is one of the very few greatest players in the history of the sport and is currently in his prime, is putting him in a tough spot.

• Good Post 3

4 hours ago, ctid said:

he best part is that Fedotov is going to be a major reason for why we will be picking in the top 5

Little Danny Briere will call up Kolosov and start burning assets before he lets that happen.  He might be too dumb to stop it, but next year isn't going to be an impediment.

Edited by SCFlyguy

Nice to see this team is still a bunch of puss’s.

no response to the hit on “the goof” or TK. I guess the one “Gritty” on this team is the World famous mascot. Maybe they should change his name to “Snuggles” to reflect the way these guys play

still a boring team to watch

yay for Laughton. He hit 25% of his yearly goal tally in one game. Now he can relax a little a bit. I can’t wait for his once a year fight to happen. I hope he waits until March for that so the drama can build

• Like 1

Wow, Fedotov...does he have a hole in his abdomen? 

asking for a friend.

He looks awful and after reading @radoran 's run down of the events around his contract signing, maybe he's actually a Russian oligarch who fancies himself a hockey player.

Or I wonder if Fedotov is the cost of doing business with the KHL and the county's gorilla math business practices. Anyway, today Fedotov sucks and his future looks dim, nothing redeemable about that performance.

Also, could it be that Nick Seeler, the guy who was taking shifts running the car wash at the Pump n' Munch is the key to the team actually defending?

wild.

I love how when the team stinks it up; And after i called it a night during the 1st intermission I guess that's what happened, the people who pray for losing are upset.

So nothing suits. Being good...oh that's terrible. Losing to a middling opponent, oh that's terrible too because- you know what, I don't care. Enjoy the anger.

They (the dummy, the liar and the dinosaur) expect these guys that showed some spunk last year to improve in year two and three, that's called growth.

No assets were traded for win now players, they signed a complete unknown to be the backup goaltender to the guy that ran out of juice down the stretch. Add to that the people in charge have said this is still an evaluation year, but they expect the players to improve. 

Last night is what this process looks like. 

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I am losing faith in Ivan. Deflating goals. 

I said that last year after watching him play...and they blamed it on his pads and not being able to use his. I said if this goes south well it will be another eye sore for Danny....and well here we are he can't stop a beach ball...he moves to slow. Now what?

Kolosov make sure you take advantage of your time in Leigh Valley see ya come spring...if not sooner.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, radoran said:

I do not understand handcuffing the goalie slot to this guy.

Exactly what i said after seeing him last year i was good letting him go to wait this long and him look this bad well it is embarrassing.

He looks just like he did last spring. Bad. Now with him and Petersen well guess they want to bury 7 million is salary on goalies...i knew this was going to happen.

Now they stuck with him for another year and a half. Awesome. Now when Petersen's money comes off the books after this season now they have Fedotov's 2.8 mill in dead cap space to replace his for next season. Great job!!!! 

Look like they going to really need these guys once they have matured more seems at the moment Flyers only have backup NHL and an AHL Journeyman look-a-like as of this day in their crease. Kolosov knew he would be needed i get it now why he was pissed off!!!!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pilldoc said:

But hey @CoachX will be happy… Laughton has 2 goals tonight !!! No really!! 😜

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cgmqSgmpk2hjiHen7

dangit...gif file is too big, won't let me post...cut off is 500kB...file is 501kB, ugh

image.png.1ca70feacb44b5f5dbbe5d2b090c1051.png

Edited by Cheesesteak
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I love how when the team stinks it up; And after i called it a night during the 1st intermission I guess that's what happened, the people who pray for losing are upset.

So nothing suits. Being good...oh that's terrible. Losing to a middling opponent, oh that's terrible too because- you know what, I don't care. Enjoy the anger.

I love how when the team doesn't stink it up for a season, the people who pray to just make the playoffs suddenly think the organization has learned its lesson and THIS TIME its "strategy" will work.

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

They (the dummy, the liar and the dinosaur) expect these guys that showed some spunk last year to improve in year two and three, that's called growth.

No assets were traded for win now players, they signed a complete unknown to be the backup goaltender to the guy that ran out of juice down the stretch. Add to that the people in charge have said this is still an evaluation year, but they expect the players to improve. 

Last night is what this process looks like. 

I'm fine with them losing. It's what they should be doing at this point.

The stupid part is keeping up a just turned 18 year old you took, over a guy rated higher by just about everyone else, just to say "see, we were right", when all he's shown is speed, when we all know the best thing for him would be to go back to Guelph. 

Or overpaying yet another player, this time a goalie, in hopes he actually plays up to his contract. How about making somebody earn it?

Oh right, the Flyers way. They keep saying that, like it's a good thing.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I love how when the team doesn't stink it up for a season, the people who pray to just make the playoffs suddenly think the organization has learned its lesson and THIS TIME its "strategy" will work.

who are you talking about? who's praying for the playoffs?

who does that?

I don't know if what they're doing will work. It might, it might not.

I have zero certainty about what the outcome of this process will be.

I know they haven't been good or entertaining for several years before last year.

They've stunk for several seasons, how much more do you want? 

Last season was fun to watch until the end. 

I'm not deluding myself into thinking this team is a threat to win anything this season. I hope they play well and compete for 60 + minutes a night. 

I hope their multiple high draft picks can be turned into players and prospects that will help the team compete as a top 8 team in the league for 5-8 years.

I want to see these young guys, who I think are likeable and pretty good at hockey, continue to grow. If that means they make the playoffs this year I think that's a good thing.  

I derive zero dopamine from telling anyone "I told you so", because that means something has failed. 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I derive zero dopamine from telling anyone "I told you so", because that means something has failed. 

I'd have been fine losing (while getting a top 5 pick hopefully) had they sold all the assets i wanted to move...i'm pissed because of the assets they have kept and they still suck.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
drinking with a hat on tonight didn't see it coming
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 10/18/2024 at 12:55 PM, SCFlyguy said:

Here’s the thing that baffles me….

this post supports the whole tank, full rebuild theory. Ok. Fine. I get the argument, and I don’t disagree. What I’m wondering, using this POV, when is it ok to actually root for the team? When is the magic moment where you are no longer “two years away”?

I anticipate the response to a book report on how to stock pile drafts, don’t trade for over the hill vets, keep so and so in the minors, no big contracts. Still, I’m agreeing.

So in the meantime, what does a fan do? Many of you are hard core fans who watch hockey with an insight that MOST don’t have. You almost watch from a “coach’s” perspective. You are happy watching the long term development happen. But the rest of us, and I’m more in the category, watch the product on the ice and respond emotionally to what we see. There’s nothing wrong with this either. For those of us who do this, if we don’t see something, ANYTHING, exciting, I imagine we will just stop watching. 

So if it’s not ok for me to root for this boring product I see now, and it’s not ok for me to be happy if they play better, because it doesn’t follow the plan, I don’t know when to expect the on ice product to be legit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

But the rest of us, and I’m more in the category, watch the product on the ice and respond emotionally to what we see. There’s nothing wrong with this either. For those of us who do this, if we don’t see something, ANYTHING, exciting, I imagine we will just stop watching. 

Everyone here...EVERYONE, is still here after the Chuck Fletcher era. That tells me you'll sit through anything...especially if it results in acquiring high end talent over middle of the road stuff. 

Imagine the Flyers make the cup final. Imagine Jett Luchanko going up against the McDavids/Barkovs/Mackinnons of the league (or whoever is elite at that point). I'll say it yet again, I LOVE the way Luchanko plays hockey, he just isn't an "elite" centre. I think we all know what the outcome of that seven four or five game series would be. 

If the goal is to win the cup, you need elite players. We may have one in Michkov, but that's it. 

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Good Post 1

This would get me excited:

1.  Get rid of ex-Flyers throughout the organization.

2. Stop overpaying middling players.

3. Stop overdrafting middling prospects.

4. Stop talking about the team's history as if it is anything special.  I would be perfectly happy never hearing about the Bullies ever again.

5. Edit:  Stop playing players out of position.

Edited by SCFlyguy

21 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Everyone here...EVERYONE, is still here after the Chuck Fletcher era. That tells me you'll sit through anything...

I’m here way more than I actually watch games. This forum has captured my interest and attention. The actual team is losing it more and more each season

• Good Post 1

10 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

I mean you are free to get as excited by the team as you like, but if you think this team is worthy of excitement then I would congratulate you on waking up from your 12 year nap.

Thank you for making one of my points for me. I’m okay to feel how I want, but if I voice it, and it doesn’t agree with you, then the condescending criticism is imminent 

9 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

This would get me excited:

1.  Get rid of ex-Flyers throughout the organization.

2. Stop overpaying middling players.

3. Stop overdrafting middling prospects.

4. Stop talking about the team's history as if it is anything special.  I would be perfectly happy never hearing about the Bullies ever again.

5. Edit:  Stop playing players out of position.

I don’t see you having any happiness as a Flyer fan